+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Download eCertificate

Shervin_f_s

Jan 19, 2017
Hi my friend,

I have issue, I laminated my citizenship certificate by mistake, I am going to renew my passport, passport office they don't accept my certificate. If I place order for replacement citizenship certificate it will takes over a year I went through ircc portal I cannot even download e certificate either, i searched I heard e certificate can be downloaded as well but, This is error message I am getting.
There were issues submitting your form.
  • You have not opted to receive an electronic Citizenship Certificate.
I stucked. Unbelievable. Please advise. Thanks

forw.jane

VIP Member
Apr 29, 2019
Hi my friend,

I have issue, I laminated my citizenship certificate by mistake, I am going to renew my passport, passport office they don't accept my certificate. If I place order for replacement citizenship certificate it will takes over a year I went through ircc portal I cannot even download e certificate either, i searched I heard e certificate can be downloaded as well but, This is error message I am getting.
There were issues submitting your form.
  • You have not opted to receive an electronic Citizenship Certificate.
I stucked. Unbelievable. Please advise. Thanks
If you opt for paper you don't get the option for e-certificate. Reapplying again is the option if IRCC is not accepting the laminated one.

forw.jane

VIP Member
Apr 29, 2019
But it takes for ever to get a new one
I understand you are in a tough situation because of lamination but you currently have only one way to get out by requesting a new one.

I know there are some machine which help to remove lamination without impacting the original doc. Something to ask the place you did the lamination from. There are some DIY videos too on youtube but they are tough to do it yourself.

Reactions: Shervin_f_s

Shervin_f_s

Jan 19, 2017
I understand you are in a tough situation because of lamination but you currently have only one way to get out by requesting a new one.

I know there are some machine which help to remove lamination without impacting the original doc. Something to ask the place you did the lamination from. There are some DIY videos too on youtube but they are tough to do it yourself.
Exactly,
Can you believe I did it? I removed it. Saved my life. Thanks a lot