+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Doubts while filling the e-APR

May 31, 2017
Hello,

My husband and I got an invitation in the April 12 2017 draw. I'm the Primary applicant and my husband is the co-applicant. So here's what I want to know:

1. My husband has been working in the family business (for his father) for about 6 years now.So can he just take an experience letter from his father on the company letterhead? Will that suffice? He doesn't have any salary slips as such.

2. My husband also has two start-ups. He is the Proprietor in one case (Proprietorship firm) and a Director in another case (Pvt Ltd company). In case of the proprietorship, will a letter from any one of his clients suffice?Will it suffice if we provide the letter of incorporation in the case of the Pvt Ltd company??

3. I worked for a bank until recently. Do I have to list out all my job roles (and locations) in the application? Or will the latest role suffice?

Thanks in advance!

Regards,
Swetha

Marty_

Sep 10, 2016
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
NDVO
AOR Received.
23-02-2017
Passport Req..
05-06-2017
VISA ISSUED...
16-06-2017
LANDED..........
Hi,

May I ask, is this work experience acquired in Canada?

DelPiero07

VIP Member
Oct 2, 2016
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hello,

My husband and I got an invitation in the April 12 2017 draw. I'm the Primary applicant and my husband is the co-applicant. So here's what I want to know:

1. My husband has been working in the family business (for his father) for about 6 years now.So can he just take an experience letter from his father on the company letterhead? Will that suffice? He doesn't have any salary slips as such.

2. My husband also has two start-ups. He is the Proprietor in one case (Proprietorship firm) and a Director in another case (Pvt Ltd company). In case of the proprietorship, will a letter from any one of his clients suffice?Will it suffice if we provide the letter of incorporation in the case of the Pvt Ltd company??

3. I worked for a bank until recently. Do I have to list out all my job roles (and locations) in the application? Or will the latest role suffice?

Thanks in advance!

Regards,
Swetha
1 - Not sufficient IMO, I wouldn't be surprised if during the processing of his application he receives a request to provide proof that he got paid (pay stubs and bank statements) as well as further documents to prove that the company is real.

2 - As usual no comment when talking about self-employment.

3 - Your foreign work experience is irrelevant to his application, only include it in the personal history section. No proof of employment is required.

Depending on your qualifications I would recommend seeing if your score is high enough to have you as a primary applicant.

sandra02

Mar 1, 2015
Toronto
Category........
CEC
Job Offer........
Yes
AOR Received.
16 07 2017
Med's Done....
April 2017
Hello,

Thanks in advance!

Regards,
Swetha
Only the main applicant's foreign work experience counts. It needs to be proofed only.

May 31, 2017
1 - Not sufficient IMO, I wouldn't be surprised if during the processing of his application he receives a request to provide proof that he got paid (pay stubs and bank statements) as well as further documents to prove that the company is real.

2 - As usual no comment when talking about self-employment.

3 - Your foreign work experience is irrelevant to his application, only include it in the personal history section. No proof of employment is required.

Depending on your qualifications I would recommend seeing if your score is high enough to have you as a primary applicant.
I am the Primary applicant. We've got an ITA. It's the post ITA application and the checklist that I'm talking about.

Last edited:
May 31, 2017
Only the main applicant's foreign work experience counts. It needs to be proofed only.
But the checklist of documents also contains provisions to upload his work experience documents. Since he is not the primary applicant, will they not consider his work ex seriously? I mean, we didnt get any points for his foreign work-ex, so does it mean it is not as important?

sandra02

Mar 1, 2015
Toronto
Category........
CEC
Job Offer........
Yes
AOR Received.
16 07 2017
Med's Done....
April 2017
You can put his work experience to the personal activity section, so you do not need anything for his work experience.

May 31, 2017
You can put his work experience to the personal activity section, so you do not need anything for his work experience.
In the EE application form, we had listed out his activities and they kinda got auto-populated into the e-APR form. Won't deleting any auto-populated information at this juncture raise a red flag??

DelPiero07

VIP Member
Oct 2, 2016
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
In the EE application form, we had listed out his activities and they kinda got auto-populated into the e-APR form. Won't deleting any auto-populated information at this juncture raise a red flag??
No.

His foreign work experience adds absolute no value to your application, only mention it in the personal history section.