+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Doubts regarding applying in CEC

Krishna_pv

Apr 25, 2018
Hi all,

I'm having some doubts regarding applying via CEC. I'm currently on Intra Company Transfer (NOC 2174). I was to complete an year on May 15th, but unfortunately the project that I was working on has been moved to another company and if I couldn't find an opportunity within May 4, I will have to return to my country. I was just waiting for 1 year to get completed so that I can apply via CEC(since my CELPIP scores were not that high I felt like CEC will be my only chance for getting an ITA now). If I have to go back on May 4th I will be short by 10 days.

We had an option to remain in LOP for few days and I was planning to utilize that, but one of my friend told like it is not enough to complete an year over here to get the additional points , also we need to have an offer to support for another year ? Is it so ? Do we need to have an offer letter from my company that shows they would support me for another year to get that additional points for my canadian experience ?. Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks in advance

kunalkhanna

Star Member
Apr 25, 2017
Toronto, ON, Canada
App. Filed.......
07-08-2017
AOR Received.
07-08-2017
Med's Request
08-09-2017
Passport Req..
25-09-2017
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2017
LANDED..........
24-03-2018
Hi all,

I'm having some doubts regarding applying via CEC. I'm currently on Intra Company Transfer (NOC 2174). I was to complete an year on May 15th, but unfortunately the project that I was working on has been moved to another company and if I couldn't find an opportunity within May 4, I will have to return to my country. I was just waiting for 1 year to get completed so that I can apply via CEC(since my CELPIP scores were not that high I felt like CEC will be my only chance for getting an ITA now). If I have to go back on May 4th I will be short by 10 days.

We had an option to remain in LOP for few days and I was planning to utilize that, but one of my friend told like it is not enough to complete an year over here to get the additional points , also we need to have an offer to support for another year ? Is it so ? Do we need to have an offer letter from my company that shows they would support me for another year to get that additional points for my canadian experience ?. Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks in advance
Hi I don't think there is any additional support required once you complete 1 year. I will give you an example of my case.
I came to Quebec on work permit on 24th May 2016 for a project of around 2 years. But unfortunately my project got over on 31st May 2017 and i went back to my home country. I applied for the PR from my home country claiming the points for the Canadian experience of 1 year. My application was accepted and I got the PR within 2 months. Just that for the Canadian experience I provided my salary slips of entire 12 months, work experience letter from my home company as well as from my Canadian Client.
So I believe there is no requirement of an offer of support from your parent company.
However in your scenario please check if you can get the experience letter for 1 complete year covering your leaves.