+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Doubts - Proof of Means of Financial Support

Lucasdliz

Jun 23, 2018
So, I recently got my Visa denied (applied inside Canada, by paper to the VAC-LA). The officer justified that he did not believe I could financially support myself during my stay.

The bank statements I provided were almost 2x above the requirement (Tuition Fees + 10K CAD), but they were not signed by the bank, since I took them from the Online Banking. (The bank statements were in English, with all the information needed, phone contacts and URL of internet banking).

I'm reapplying and afraid that they need to be signed or stamped, which would be near impossible to get, since I'm in Canada and my bank is from Brazil.

Did any of you applied with not signed/stamped bank statements and got approved?

AnneLDB

Star Member
Jun 21, 2018
So, I recently got my Visa denied (applied inside Canada, by paper to the VAC-LA). The officer justified that he did not believe I could financially support myself during my stay.

The bank statements I provided were almost 2x above the requirement (Tuition Fees + 10K CAD), but they were not signed by the bank, since I took them from the Online Banking. (The bank statements were in English, with all the information needed, phone contacts and URL of internet banking).

I'm reapplying and afraid that they need to be signed or stamped, which would be near impossible to get, since I'm in Canada and my bank is from Brazil.

Did any of you applied with not signed/stamped bank statements and got approved?
May I ask how long you have waited before they you got the application refusal?

jasz_blr

May 28, 2018
If your bank has a customer care toll free number, then you may call them and request to send your bank statement duly signed and stamped by post to your mailing address in Canada.

Otherwise, if you have relationship manager for your bank account, then you may talk to him/her and they can arrange to send your bank statement duly signed and stamped by post to your mailing address in Canada.

This is a normal and regular activity which every bank supports across globe.

I would suggest to not only submit bank statement, but also attach something called 'Balance Certificate' from bank. It is kind of cover letter. In this certificate, the bank provides a brief summary of your account, for example, for how long the account has been operative, how much is the equivalent balance in Canadian dollars etc...