+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Doubts on Renewal of Passport After ITA but before VISA Stamping

ecpradeep1

Star Member
Apr 7, 2016
Dear All,

I recently received ITA and currently working on the documents preparation and i should complete it by 2 week of december (60 days)

I have a passport which is expiring on 30 August 2017.(still have 10 months validity)

what would you suggest?

1. Renew the passport right now (takes 2 to 3 week Approx) and update the new passport number and submit the supporting documents?

or

2. Can i go a head and use the existing passport and submit the documents and later i renew the passport?\\

Can i update the passport details in the profile even after i submit the documents?

Please suggest

This forum has been a valuable resource for many ppl like me

Thanks in Advance.

Wolverine17

VIP Member
Mar 28, 2016
ecpradeep1 said:
Dear All,

I recently received ITA and currently working on the documents preparation and i should complete it by 2 week of december (60 days)

I have a passport which is expiring on 30 August 2017.(still have 10 months validity)

what would you suggest?

1. Renew the passport right now (takes 2 to 3 week Approx) and update the new passport number and submit the supporting documents?

or

2. Can i go a head and use the existing passport and submit the documents and later i renew the passport?\\

Can i update the passport details in the profile even after i submit the documents?

Please suggest

Thanks in Advance.
I think if you have time it will be better t renew the passport before hand but am not sure if its going to be an issue if you have different passport numbers in the ita and express entry profile ,looking for an answer myself

Mrudul

Oct 19, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi India
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-11-2016
AOR Received.
06-11-2016
Med's Done....
11-11-2016
Passport Req..
06-12-2016
ecpradeep1 said:
Dear All,

what would you suggest?

or

Please suggest

Thanks in Advance.
I am also in the same state, in fact mine is expiring in May 2017.
Will wait for an answer from experienced people on this forum.

ariadnemm

Star Member
Oct 9, 2015
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
02/feb/2016
Doc's Request.
30/nov/2016
Nomination.....
16/dec/2016 (Ontario - Human Capital Priorities Stream)
AOR Received.
26/jan/2017 (e-APR)
Med's Request
UPFRONT
Med's Done....
23/jan/2017 - Passed 15/fev/2017
ecpradeep1 said:
Dear All,

what would you suggest?

or

Please suggest

Thanks in Advance.

I also have this same doubt. I received ITA 15 days ago and I am preparing for the e-APR submission. My passport is expiring on December/2017. Will I be able to update my profile during the processing time? Should I renew my passport now and delay my e-APR submission ?

Thanks a lot!

Asivad Anac

VIP Member
May 27, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
ariadnemm said:
I also have this same doubt. I received ITA 15 days ago and I am preparing for the e-APR submission. My passport is expiring on December/2017. Will I be able to update my profile during the processing time? Should I renew my passport now and delay my e-APR submission ?

Thanks a lot!
You can renew your passport after application submission, don't complicate it for yourself.

Dipesh.Patel

Apr 19, 2016
I believe I got a situation here. I have received ITA and now in a process of completing forms. The address on my Passport is of my hostel address ( Bangalore, India) while I was in my college. Now I am relocated to different STATE in same country (Vadodara, India). Now when I went to passport office (Vadodara) for PCC I was suggested with two options by the passport executive
1. To apply for re-issue of passport due to change in personal details (like current address and addition of spouse name) and then apply for PCC
2. To go to passport office (Bangalore) where the passport was issued.

Challenges

If I opt for option 1
Will it have any impact on my application as my IELTS result would have old passport number, while competing the form I would put new passport number as I would receive passport in next 10-15 days

If I opt for option 2
The address mention on the passport is not my current address and verification cannot be done considering I left hostel (7 years back). So have to provide my current address which will again create additional time and might get delay in administrative process due to communication between different states and departments (my assumption).

I am lean towards re-issue of passport based on change in personal details.
Anyone happen to be in similar situation before and how was it handled. Your suggestion and opinion will help me deal with this situation.

Thank you

Temithornhill

May 16, 2017
Hi . We are in the process of uploading our documents but my son's passport will be expiring in August which puts its validity below 6 months. We have however applied to renew it but we are not sure of when we would get the passport as there is passport booklet shortage and scarcity at the moment in my country. What do you think we should do as the 90 days required is fast drawing to an end. Thanks

Temithornhill

May 16, 2017
Can you

Thanks a lot!
Can you please advise on what you did eventually. Thanks

Temithornhill

May 16, 2017
Ca
Folks,

We had applied for the Permanent Residency under the Express Entry Program. Post that we had got the ITA and now we have got mail from the CIC office to send the passports to High Commission of Canada in New Delhi for further processing and action at there end.

Please find the details as below:

Primary Applicant: Passport Expiry Date 31/01/2018

Dependent Applicant: Passport Expiry Date 01/02/2017

We plan to travel to Canada latest by 1st September 2016.

We had few questions, request your response:

With the above details, the dependent's passport will have less than the required 6 months of validity at the time of travel to Canada (i..e on 1st September), if granted PR.

1.a - Should we get the passports stamped with the existing expiry dates, and then get the passports re-issued.
1.b - If we follow 1.a, then whether the VISA on the old passport be valid with the new (re-issued) passport as well.
1.c - If the VISA will not be valid on the new (re-issued) passport, then what is the process of getting the VISA stamped on the new passport.

2.a - Should we get the passports re-issued and get the new passports stamped with the High Commission of Canada in New Delhi.
2.b - While sending the new passports, are we also required to send the old passports to the High Commission of Canada in New Delhi.
2.c - Please confirm that the changed passport numbers would not affect the authenticity and validity of my application.
2.d - Where and with whom are we supposed to update the new (re-issued) passport numbers - CIC OR the High Commission of Canada New Delhi,or Both.
2.e - Please enumerate the process of updating the new (re-issued) passports details with both - CIC and High Commission of Canada New Delhi

Request you to kindly suggest the best way so as to get the Visa Stamped on our passports.i.e. whether, I should send existing passports OR the renewed passports.

Regards
RV
Can you please advise on what you did eventually? My sons passport will be expiring in August. Thanks

ariadnemm

Star Member
Oct 9, 2015
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
02/feb/2016
Doc's Request.
30/nov/2016
Nomination.....
16/dec/2016 (Ontario - Human Capital Priorities Stream)
AOR Received.
26/jan/2017 (e-APR)
Med's Request
UPFRONT
Med's Done....
23/jan/2017 - Passed 15/fev/2017
Ca

Can you please advise on what you did eventually? My sons passport will be expiring in August. Thanks
I submitted my e-APR with the passport I had in January, because during the processing time you can raise a Case Specific Enquiry to inform of documents changes. Today, my application is still being processed and my passport will expire in December. I am renewing my passport now and I will update this information via CSE.
You have to be aware that in order to have the visa stamped you need a passport valid for at least 6 months. So that's why I'm renewing mine.

chitra kahlon

Jun 8, 2017
Hello everyone.. we received ITA on 8/2/17 and have submitted all our documents by 4/4/17. We have just received UCI number from CIC recently. Now we have applied for passport of my baby born on 11/4/17, but for that, we will have to get our passports reissued with spouse name added. We were worried on how to update our new passports to CIC and whether this will lead to any misinterpretation on our part.

sudheert

Jun 11, 2017
Hello everyone.. we received ITA on 8/2/17 and have submitted all our documents by 4/4/17. We have just received UCI number from CIC recently. Now we have applied for passport of my baby born on 11/4/17, but for that, we will have to get our passports reissued with spouse name added. We were worried on how to update our new passports to CIC and whether this will lead to any misinterpretation on our part.
It won't lead to any misrepresentation, as soon as you get the renewed passports raise a request to CIC through IRCC webform and upload the documents, find the below link

https://secure.cic.gc.ca/enquiries-renseignements/canada-case-cas-eng.aspx

chitra kahlon

Jun 8, 2017
It won't lead to any misrepresentation, as soon as you get the renewed passports raise a request to CIC through IRCC webform and upload the documents, find the below link

https://secure.cic.gc.ca/enquiries-renseignements/canada-case-cas-eng.aspx

Thank u for ur help. Actually we have been married for three years, but hadn't added spouse's name in passport. However now when we are asked to do so.. won't that create any doubt on embassy as to why we didn't do it earlier.

prianca10

Feb 27, 2018
Hi
I believe I got a situation here. I have received ITA and now in a process of completing forms. The address on my Passport is of my hostel address ( Bangalore, India) while I was in my college. Now I am relocated to different STATE in same country (Vadodara, India). Now when I went to passport office (Vadodara) for PCC I was suggested with two options by the passport executive
1. To apply for re-issue of passport due to change in personal details (like current address and addition of spouse name) and then apply for PCC
2. To go to passport office (Bangalore) where the passport was issued.

Challenges

If I opt for option 1
Will it have any impact on my application as my IELTS result would have old passport number, while competing the form I would put new passport number as I would receive passport in next 10-15 days

If I opt for option 2
The address mention on the passport is not my current address and verification cannot be done considering I left hostel (7 years back). So have to provide my current address which will again create additional time and might get delay in administrative process due to communication between different states and departments (my assumption).

I am lean towards re-issue of passport based on change in personal details.
Anyone happen to be in similar situation before and how was it handled. Your suggestion and opinion will help me deal with this situation.

Thank you
I know this is an old post. But can you please me? Which option did you go with. I have the exactly similar situation as that of yours.