+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Doubts on Proof of Funds_Applicant from India

Isha86

Oct 5, 2015
Dear Senior Members,
I recently got EOI ( Feb2017) from CIC. I finished my PCC and Medical Examination, but somehow struck on Proof Funds point. I currently Live and Work In Netherlands and dont have funds in India.Thought my Indian account remains active but one month back , I got funds from my brother, sister, brother in law and my father to make up to 19K CAD , additionally I have approx 6K CAD equivalent in Euros. Now This amount qualifies for a single applicant.

My questions is :
1. I have attested ( bank seal and sign) banks statements from six month of my Indian bank account and balance certificate (on bank letterhead). How does the recent transactions impact my proof of funds status ? any advice on how to mitigate that risk ?

2.I haven't seen much posts of CIC rejecting PR application based on POF. Is this a "very" strictly scrutinized parameter ?

I shall be thankful for your information.

Regards,
Isha

DelPiero07

VIP Member
Oct 2, 2016
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
1 - Self-declaration from your family members stating that the funds transferred are a gift and not a loan + proof of transfer.

2 - Rather not comment on this.

chiranjit

Star Member
Jun 7, 2013
POF is a very important criteria for CIC. You need to have the minimum funds in your account though I dont know how strict they are to check the average balance for the past 6 months. Looking at your situation I believe you should be fine as you are having the funds in your account now.

Others can provide inputs..

Isha86

Oct 5, 2015
DelPiero07 said:
1 - Self-declaration from your family members stating that the funds transferred are a gift and not a loan + proof of transfer.

2 - Rather not comment on this.
The Self declaration means , on a simple paper with signatures and contact details(may be ID proofs attached) ? Do you suggest any template ?

Regards,
Isha

DelPiero07

VIP Member
Oct 2, 2016
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Isha86 said:
The Self declaration means , on a simple paper with signatures and contact details(may be ID proofs attached) ? Do you suggest any template ?

Regards,
Isha
Yes, plain paper with signature is sufficient, you can attach their IDs if you feel like it but it is not necessary.

There are a bunch on templates on this forum you just have to look for them.

chiranjit

Star Member
Jun 7, 2013
DelPiero07 said:
Yes, plain paper with signature is sufficient, you can attach their IDs if you feel like it but it is not necessary.

There are a bunch on templates on this forum you just have to look for them.
Does the average balance needs to be maintained for 6 months in case it is not a gift deed?

DelPiero07

VIP Member
Oct 2, 2016
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
chiranjit said:
Does the average balance needs to be maintained for 6 months in case it is not a gift deed?
No, there is no such rule that states that.

The av balance is simply a way for the officer to see if there is a considerable difference between such average and the current balance and whether the applicant can explain the reason for such difference (gift deed, sale of property, car, stocks)

xpressentry

VIP Member
Nov 27, 2016
London
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
29-03-2017
Doc's Request.
Schedule A - upfront
AOR Received.
29-03-2017
IELTS Request
Upfront
File Transfer...
Waiting
Med's Request
Upfront
Med's Done....
28-03-2017
Passport Req..
Waiting
VISA ISSUED...
Waiting
LANDED..........
Waiting
PoF is essential. Canada wants people who will build the economy. They dont want people who are broke and will claim benefits.

chiranjit

Star Member
Jun 7, 2013
I am in Canada already for the last 9 months but got ITA under FSWP. I have the POF but the balance is gradual, like it increased from 0 to 19K CAD in around 9 months. Not sure if I can show this as a POF. Will there be any issues?