Passport Req..
23 June 2012
VISA ISSUED...
23 Jan 2013
LANDED..........
18 May 2013
hi all

i read that we have to carry our POF in the form of tc/dd

i will be happy if someone can tell me how ,when and from where to obtain tc / dd

what will be the charges for it

i see many people writing they carry bank statement. pls tell me how that is possible. does tha bank got its presence in canada too. if yes how to go about opening an account with them.

wilson

VIP Member
Oct 11, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
srilatharajesh said:
hi all

i will be happy if someone can tell me how ,when and from where to obtain tc / dd

i see many people writing they carry bank statement. pls tell me how that is possible. does tha bank got its presence in canada too. if yes how to go about opening an account with them.
If you are in India you can check with State Bank of India, HSBC or ICICI Bank about opening an account in Canada.

Most of the major banks in India ( preferably those with foreign currency department ) will issue demand drafts in Canadian dollar. To buy TC, you should check with the bank early because perhaps they may not have TCs in the higher denomination or may not have sufficient stock. If there is a Thomas Cook branch in your town, check with them also. But their charges are too high including exchange rate for conversion. However, I suggest you personally visit any of the major banks with "Foreign currency Dept" for getting more information. State Bank of India main branches does have separate NRI Cell and Manager for that section. They will be able to guide you properly. Keep in mind that you need to carry Canadian Dollar, two-three thousands in cash and balance either by DD or TC.

If you need to open a bank account in Canada from India, it is possible from ICICI Bank and State Bank of India. Visit your nearest branches. You can make online remittance and keep the print of your bank statement and supporting evidence of the bank account to show as POF. The bank will open only if you already have a visa stamped.

srilatharajesh

Jul 13, 2011
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Feb 2010
File Transfer...
30 March 2010
Med's Request
23 June 2012
Med's Done....
12 july 2012
Passport Req..
23 June 2012
VISA ISSUED...
23 Jan 2013
LANDED..........
18 May 2013
Thank you so much mr. wilson

Centaur

Star Member
Jun 26, 2012
Depending which city you live in, check this option as well, from Scotia Bank.

http://www.scotiabank.com/ca/en/0,,2468,00.html

Regards

RockinCanada

Feb 20, 2013
Ontario
Category........
Visa Office......
NVDO
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Sep 2009
AOR Received.
Nov 2009
Med's Request
March 2011
Med's Done....
March 2011
Interview........
July 23, 2010
Passport Req..
March 2011
VISA ISSUED...
May 2011
LANDED..........
July 2011
Take 2-3k cash and rest DD and open a bank account in a bank of your choice in Canada. Scotia bank is an option. In Canada, usually for new immigrants first year's monthly charges are waived. Check with banks, so you dont have to bear charges for first year. ICICI and SBI are not in all the cities and provinces, so think about options of dealing with banks on a daily bais if you need to as well. (DD usually takes 5 business days to clear, but banks will allow you to use some of the amount if you need them).

srilatharajesh said:
hi all

Rawat anil

May 14, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
london
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
12 jan 2012
AOR Received.
feb 2012
IELTS Request
with application
Med's Request
12 July 2012
Med's Done....
02 Aug 2012
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
11 oct 2012 DM on 15 oct 2012
VISA ISSUED...
22 nov 2012
LANDED..........
16 jan 2013
if you are moving from india, contact kotak mahindra bank you can open bank account in scotia bank by "start right program" through kotak mahindra bank. and once your account is open you can transfer your money to your canadian account. they will issuse you a bank statement that you can carry as a POF. and carry few cash.
i recently moved to canada from delhi and i did the same. scotia bank have there branch in delhi so i open directly with them. if you lived outside delhi contact kotak mahindra bank.
hope it help.
srilatharajesh said:
hi all

srilatharajesh

Jul 13, 2011
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Feb 2010
File Transfer...
30 March 2010
Med's Request
23 June 2012
Med's Done....
12 july 2012
Passport Req..
23 June 2012
VISA ISSUED...
23 Jan 2013
LANDED..........
18 May 2013
Rawat anil said:
if you are moving from india, contact kotak mahindra bank you can open bank account in scotia bank by "start right program" through kotak mahindra bank. and once your account is open you can transfer your money to your canadian account. they will issuse you a bank statement that you can carry as a POF. and carry few cash.
i recently moved to canada from delhi and i did the same. scotia bank have there branch in delhi so i open directly with them. if you lived outside delhi contact kotak mahindra bank.
hope it help.
hi

i have an account with kotak bank. i will ask them as you said. how are they charging? i will compare and proceed