+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

DOUBTS? "Can I 'Land' anywhere" matter -Which POE to Choose !!!

bensonams

Champion Member
Jul 31, 2013
md_micro said:
Dear All,
I want to land in Calgary, but my plane rout is to have 4 hours transit in Montreal airport, Is there any restriction (Montreal is in Quebec)?
Thanks
Not a problem. While @ Immigration Desk show the BSO your onward flight tkt.

Qorax

akshaysonaje

Star Member
Jun 26, 2014
Vancouver, Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
5 Feb. 2016
AOR Received.
5 Feb. 2016
IELTS Request
Sent with Application
Med's Request
Sent with Application
Passport Req..
3 Aug. 2016
VISA ISSUED...
10 Aug. 2016
LANDED..........
20 Aug. 2016
Hi Qorax, I have a work permit for BC. However, company I am going to work for wants me to spend initial 2 weeks in Calgary, Alberta for onboarding & training.. Is it possible for me to complete landing formalities in Calgary although I have Work Permit for BC?

myat

Aug 23, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Singapore
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
01-12-2011
LANDED..........
28-09-2015 Landed
Hi Seniors and Friends,

Good day. Really thanks for all of your information and very helpful. I have some questions regarding about Canada as per below.

1) When landing at Port of Entry, do we need to fill the PR form IMM 5444E (Last time need to fill up, and how about present date 14-Aug-2015?)? if yes, I want to fill in advance, please let me know.

2) As my COPR will be expire on 23-Oct-2015, after we landed into Canada on 28th September 2015, did CIC give the Re-Entry Permit (In Singapore, after I received Singapore PR, they gave me Re-Entry permit striaght away which is valid for 5 years) or some documents to re-enter again to Canada because our PRs card will only received around 3 month laters?

3) As I am planing to stay only a few days in Canada in order to complete our first landing before Visa Expire (my Visa will expire on 23-Oct-2015). I am planning to land at 28th September 2015 with my wife and my baby, stay for a few days and back to Singapore on 02-Oct-2015. After 3 months later,one of my friend who stay in Vancouver received our PRs card, he will send to me to Singapore by DHL. How do you think? It will work?

4) For SIN, did they give straight away at the airport when landing or need to go to Service Center on next day ?

5) For Medical Insurance Plan, how is the procedure apply? As we need to wait for 3 months before approved, how do we need to buy private insurance for your family?

6) How is the procedure to apply P.Eng at Vancouver ? Can we prepare before landed? Any Idea?

If you know any link or related foum, please let me have the link. Thanks in advanced.

Regards,
Myat

myat

Aug 23, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Singapore
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
01-12-2011
LANDED..........
28-09-2015 Landed
Dear rizmayo,

Good day. Thanks for useful information. How about at Vancouver Airport? I am planning to Land to Vancouver on Monday (Sept 28, 2015) around 1:25 PM, Vancouver local time.So my SIN, can be done at Vancouver airport? any idea and advice?

For health card, as your information we need to stay 3 months there, then I can apply right? For my case, our family members will do first landing, stay for a few days, give one of my friend local address in order to send our PR cards, after my friend received 3 monhts later, he will send it to me by courier. You think it will work?

Thanks in advance.

Regards,
Myat

3) As I am planing to stay only a few days in Canada in order to complete our first landing before Visa Expire (my Visa will expire on 23-Oct-2015). I am planning to land at 28th September 2015 with my wife and my baby, stay for a few days and back to Singapore on 02-Oct-2015. After 3 months later,one of my friend who stay in Vancouver received our PRs card, he will send to me to Singapore by DHL. How do you think? It will work?

rizmayo said:
Landing in Toronto is not a problem and you can get your SIN number at the airport if you land on a weekday during working hours. You are not eligible for a health card unless you have lived in a province for 3 months (health card is a provincial matter, you need to apply for new cards each time you permanently move to a new province).

There is certain funding that Quebec provides its residents. You for example may be eligible for up to C$500 to learn french.

However I am not sure if you will have any issues having your cards delivered to a Toronto address (should not be a problem). However it is better to ask the immigration officer at the airport. If you don't have a Quebec address yet don't worry, you can just tell the immigration officer and he will tell you have to update your address later online within a period of 6 weeks.

Regards,

vin948

Jan 27, 2015
Hi,

Our city of destination is listed as Calgary in our COPR, but we want to go to Toronto. We have been recommended heading to the city of destination mentioned in COPR in order to avoid hassles however, flight options seem to be much lesser & way more expensive than Toronto.

I would like to check if there has been any change in the landing procedures. Has anybody faced trouble on this account? please tell us your story.

We (my wife & I) have 3 options;

1. Write a case specific enquiry and get the COPR revised which would take time & a small fee. Not to mention our passport (with visa) & COPR's will be called back.

2. Take the risk and land in Toronto directly.

3. Pick an flight route which takes us to Calgary first where we can do our immigration & then onwards to Toronto. The least preferred & expensive affair.

While the information in forums seem to suggest that we can land anywhere, there is no such official information available on CIC website or any other channel. I would like to hear about other people's landing experience in recent times (where city of destination was different from what's mentioned in COPR).

parhar51

Sep 22, 2010
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Nomination.....
N/A
LANDED..........
APRIL 26,2013
vin948 said:
Hi,

Our city of destination is listed as Calgary in our COPR, but we want to go to Toronto. We have been recommended heading to the city of destination mentioned in COPR in order to avoid hassles however, flight options seem to be much lesser & way more expensive than Toronto.

I would like to check if there has been any change in the landing procedures. Has anybody faced trouble on this account? please tell us your story.

We (my wife & I) have 3 options;

1. Write a case specific enquiry and get the COPR revised which would take time & a small fee. Not to mention our passport (with visa) & COPR's will be called back.

2. Take the risk and land in Toronto directly.

3. Pick an flight route which takes us to Calgary first where we can do our immigration & then onwards to Toronto. The least preferred & expensive affair.

While the information in forums seem to suggest that we can land anywhere, there is no such official information available on CIC website or any other channel. I would like to hear about other people's landing experience in recent times (where city of destination was different from what's mentioned in COPR).
@vin948,

Please note that u can land nd complete the required formalities at any port, barring Quebec,irrespective of what is shown/stated in ur COPR.. There have been many forum members who have done it in the past. I do not recall a specific case to mention here.

Let me answer ur questions in the same order as u have asked :

1. No need to do so.Change in COPR is generally asked for when there is a mistake in the personal information of the person named in it.

2. U can do so without any problem.

3. No need to so.

Hope, this may suffice.

Good luck nd May God bless all !!!!

parhar51

Guyman1234

Dec 5, 2014
Lasgidi
Category........
Visa Office......
Accra
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
18-09-2014
Doc's Request.
06-07-2015 (salary payments & pof)
Nomination.....
05-01-2015
Med's Request
28-07-2015
Med's Done....
04-08-2015
Interview........
Didn't happen
Passport Req..
29-02-2016 / 11-03-2016
VISA ISSUED...
29-03-2016
LANDED..........
26/07/16
parhar51 said:
@ vin948,

Please note that u can land nd complete the required formalities at any port, barring Quebec,irrespective of what is shown/stated in ur COPR.. There have been many forum members who have done it in the past. I do not recall a specific case to mention here.

Let me answer ur questions in the same order as u have asked :

1. No need to do so.Change in COPR is generally asked for when there is a mistake in the personal information of the person named in it.

2. U can do so without any problem.

3. No need to so.

Hope, this may suffice.

Good luck nd May God bless all !!!!

parhar51
Cool

pankush gupta

Jul 25, 2015
Hi,

i have just got my visa under the express entry in my form i had written calgary but due to winters i am planing to go to monteral which is in quebec my friend lives their,i plan to complete my landing at toronto then move to moteral can i do that
do i need to carry other papers than copr and visa that is needed at the airport

rajkamalmohanram

VIP Member
Apr 29, 2015
pankush gupta said:
Hi,

i have just got my visa under the express entry in my form i had written calgary but due to winters i am planing to go to monteral which is in quebec my friend lives their,i plan to complete my landing at toronto then move to moteral can i do that
do i need to carry other papers than copr and visa that is needed at the airport
I don't think you can land in Montreal. I am not very sure about this but I remember reading this somewhere on the forum. Someone who has done a landing could advise you better.

arush2015

Mar 13, 2015
pankush gupta said:
Hi,

You will need to convince the immigration officers that your final destination is Calgary. With what you are thinking of doing it does not appear as if you are determined to get to Calgary - or at least it might be interpreted that way. You will be taking a high risk if you attempt to land at montreal and stay with a friend during the winter, and then move to calgary, as the immigration officers may not believe you.

You will need your COPR, visa, passport and the instructions that came with it. You will also need proof of funds and an address where your permanent residence cards can be sent.

rajkamalmohanram

VIP Member
Apr 29, 2015
arush2015 said:
You will need to convince the immigration officers that your final destination is Calgary. With what you are thinking of doing it does not appear as if you are determined to get to Calgary - or at least it might be interpreted that way. You will be taking a high risk if you attempt to land at montreal and stay with a friend during the winter, and then move to calgary, as the immigration officers may not believe you.

You will need your COPR, visa, passport and the instructions that came with it. You will also need proof of funds and an address where your permanent residence cards can be sent.
Yes. Correct.

Alternatively, what the OP can choose to do is S/he can land in Calgary and once the landing formalities are done, she can move to Montreal and stay with his/her friend for winter. IMO, this would be the best course of action.

CHARUS

Dec 22, 2015
"Can I 'Land' anywhere" matter -Which POE to Choose !!!

Hiii

We have got the canada visa under FSW category And we are now having some doubt about our 'choice of landing', after being on this great forum & having surfed enough reg. various Canadian cities. Just wanted to check Should I Land in the City mentioned in my Application/COPR, or can go to another Canadian city for landing formalities under FSW visa ???

As a federal skilled worker, we can chose any POE in Canada & complete our landing formalities or we have to land in city which is mentioned in my application , please confirm

rajkamalmohanram

VIP Member
Apr 29, 2015
CHARUS said:
Hiii

We have got the canada visa under FSW category And we are now having some doubt about our 'choice of landing', after being on this great forum & having surfed enough reg. various Canadian cities. Just wanted to check Should I Land in the City mentioned in my Application/COPR, or can go to another Canadian city for landing formalities under FSW visa ???

As a federal skilled worker, we can chose any POE in Canada & complete our landing formalities or we have to land in city which is mentioned in my application , please confirm
You can land in any province (irrespective of what is mentioned in the COPR) except Qubec .

xohairtoo

Nov 6, 2013
Hi all,

I'm a Provincial Nominee of Nova Scotia, and i have sent my passport for Visa. My POE is Nova Scotia too. But I have planned to take a flight to Halifax Via Montreal. Follwing are my Questions:

1. Upon my first arrival, where will my immigration and Record of Landing take place; Montreal or Halifax, Nova Scotia?
2. Can i stay in Montreal for first few days? And then go to Nova Scotia?

rhi

Dec 10, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
NDVO
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
13-Aug-15
Doc's Request.
Not Requested
Nomination.....
06-July-15
AOR Received.
09-Nov-15
IELTS Request
Submitted with Package
File Transfer...
30-Nov-15
Med's Request
02-Feb-16
Med's Done....
5-Feb-16, ECAS updated 25-feb- 16
Passport Req..
DM on 3 mar 16 & PPR on 7 th march 16
VISA ISSUED...
15th Mar 16
LANDED..........
Very Soon
Hi all,

I received my PR through MPNP. As per my COPR my destination city is winnipeg.
Now, I have purchased tickets for winnipeg through stay at toronto airport. My all landing formalities would be completed at Toronto.
My question is that actually i have my cousions marrigae at Brampton for which i have to stay in toronto 2 weeks & after that i have flight from toronto to winnipeg. I have single ticket for both toronto & winnipeg.
So pls. let me know is thr any issue if I will stay in toronto.....???? I mean is port entry officer may or may not create any hindrance to PR.
Please provide ur valuable advice.....