+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

DOUBTS? "Can I 'Land' anywhere" matter -Which POE to Choose !!!

computergeek

VIP Member
Jan 31, 2012
Vancouver BC
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-O/LA
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-03-2012
AOR Received.
21-06-2012
File Transfer...
21-6-2012
Med's Done....
11-02-2012
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
26-09-2012
VISA ISSUED...
10-10-2012
LANDED..........
13-10-2012
dina07 said:
Hello COMPUTERGEEK,

I have question regarding COPR form.

In COPR form they have mention SW-1 in category and in passport it is IM-1 is it ok. Application of filing was March-2010, NOC code-4131
SW = Skilled Worker
IM = Immigrant

The passport is less specific than the COPR.

dina07

Star Member
May 1, 2013
GUJARAT
Category........
Visa Office......
NDVO
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
MARCH-2010
IELTS Request
6.5 BANDS
Med's Request
22/02/2013
Med's Done....
01/03/2013
Interview........
WAIVED BY THE GRACE OF GOD
Passport Req..
22/02/2013
VISA ISSUED...
23/04/2013
LANDED..........
may be in Aug-Sep-2013
Hello COMPUTERGEEK,

Thanks for replying,

--- I want to know what type of question do Immigration officer ask on Airport after landing as I am confused.

--- Who have land there as FSW do they get Medical from beginning? I mean to say if we have normal like cough, fever etc etc due to
change in weather and country too. Can we take Medical Insurance from India? What will be its validity?

--- Can I fill SIN Application form & B4 form from India and take together to save time?

computergeek

VIP Member
Jan 31, 2012
Vancouver BC
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-O/LA
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-03-2012
AOR Received.
21-06-2012
File Transfer...
21-6-2012
Med's Done....
11-02-2012
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
26-09-2012
VISA ISSUED...
10-10-2012
LANDED..........
13-10-2012
dina07 said:
--- I want to know what type of question do Immigration officer ask on Airport after landing as I am confused.
In my experience they ask you three questions:

(1) Please give us (or confirm) your Canadian address for sending the PR card. If you don't have an address yet, you have to provide one within 180 days.
(2) Please confirm that you have not been charged with any criminal offence (or if you have been in the past, other than those previously disclosed to CIC in processing your application)
(3) Please confirm that you have declared all your family members. Note: this is under Canadian law, not your own home country's law.

Issue (3) is very important. If you have been living with someone for a year or longer in a conjugal relationship, under Canadian law you are common-law partners. It does not matter if you come from a country where there is no concept of "common-law" or if you are the same sex as the other person, etc. If you have a conjugal (sexual) relationship with that person and live as a couple, you must declare that other person.

Similarly, if you have any children - even if born out of wedlock - you must have declared them.

A failure to declare an immediate family member (partner/spouse/child) means they are by law not considered to be members of the family class for future immigration purposes.

dina07 said:
--- Who have land there as FSW do they get Medical from beginning? I mean to say if we have normal like cough, fever etc etc due to
change in weather and country too. Can we take Medical Insurance from India? What will be its validity?
The rules about medical coverage vary by province. Alberta gives coverage to newly landed immigrants immediately. Ontario requires 90 days, British Columbia requires between 2-3 months (first of the month starting two months after you land). You can purchase temporary coverage from a broad range of Canadian companies. You would need to contact your Indian insurance carrier to determine its validity.

dina07 said:
--- Can I fill SIN Application form & B4 form from India and take together to save time?
You MUST bring B4/B4A forms with you to landing. You do not need to bring the goods ("goods to follow") but you must list everything you intend on importing.

The SIN card is issued by Service Canada after you become a permanent resident. You don't need to fill out the SIN application - just take your passport and COPR to a Service Canada office and they will issue you permanent SIN. It takes ~10 minutes plus queue delay.

dina07

Star Member
May 1, 2013
GUJARAT
Category........
Visa Office......
NDVO
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
MARCH-2010
IELTS Request
6.5 BANDS
Med's Request
22/02/2013
Med's Done....
01/03/2013
Interview........
Passport Req..
22/02/2013
VISA ISSUED...
23/04/2013
LANDED..........
may be in Aug-Sep-2013
Hello COMPUTERGEEK,

Thanks a lot really u r very helpful person, may GOD fulfill ur all wish.

I have main confusion about living if it will solve before i arrive then i will be tenseles. If i have any further query will ask u and i know u will be very helpful.

malwa09

Nov 25, 2010
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
computergeek said:
In my experience they ask you three questions:

(1) Please give us (or confirm) your Canadian address for sending the PR card. If you don't have an address yet, you have to provide one within 180 days.
(2) Please confirm that you have not been charged with any criminal offence (or if you have been in the past, other than those previously disclosed to CIC in processing your application)
(3) Please confirm that you have declared all your family members. Note: this is under Canadian law, not your own home country's law.

Issue (3) is very important. If you have been living with someone for a year or longer in a conjugal relationship, under Canadian law you are common-law partners. It does not matter if you come from a country where there is no concept of "common-law" or if you are the same sex as the other person, etc. If you have a conjugal (sexual) relationship with that person and live as a couple, you must declare that other person.

Similarly, if you have any children - even if born out of wedlock - you must have declared them.

A failure to declare an immediate family member (partner/spouse/child) means they are by law not considered to be members of the family class for future immigration purposes.

The rules about medical coverage vary by province. Alberta gives coverage to newly landed immigrants immediately. Ontario requires 90 days, British Columbia requires between 2-3 months (first of the month starting two months after you land). You can purchase temporary coverage from a broad range of Canadian companies. You would need to contact your Indian insurance carrier to determine its validity.

You MUST bring B4/B4A forms with you to landing. You do not need to bring the goods ("goods to follow") but you must list everything you intend on importing.

The SIN card is issued by Service Canada after you become a permanent resident. You don't need to fill out the SIN application - just take your passport and COPR to a Service Canada office and they will issue you permanent SIN. It takes ~10 minutes plus queue delay.
Dear Computergeek,
the information you shared is quite helpful.

What documents do we need in support to your point no (2) "Please confirm that you have not been charged with any criminal offence ", as the Police Clearance Certificate has already been submitted to Canadian High Comission.

regards

malwa

computergeek

VIP Member
Jan 31, 2012
Vancouver BC
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-O/LA
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-03-2012
AOR Received.
21-06-2012
File Transfer...
21-6-2012
Med's Done....
11-02-2012
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
26-09-2012
VISA ISSUED...
10-10-2012
LANDED..........
13-10-2012
malwa09 said:
What documents do we need in support to your point no (2) "Please confirm that you have not been charged with any criminal offence ", as the Police Clearance Certificate has already been submitted to Canadian High Comission.
Nothing - you're just signing the document stating that is true. If you later turn out to have lied, they can charge you with misrepresentation and ultimately revoke your permanent residency.

SHUKRZ

Mar 21, 2013
Hello everyone,

I did my landing today and it was a success! Previously I applied under the QSW program last January, 2012. The moment I submitted my application to Purolator I got a job in Alberta unexpectedly. I notified the visa office of the change in address and my employment status in Alberta. A decision was issued on the 1st of March this year. The visa and CoPR were issued and I had the choice to land at a local CIC office, which in this case is Calgary. I called CIC to book an appointment and the agent said it would be a 6 week delay. I got the appointment notice for today and went to the CIC office in Calgary right away. Prior to that, I sent the CIC office a letter explaining my situation and whether me applying for QSW had an effect on the decision of the immigration board. It seems that they received it but did not bother replying. The Immigration Officer only asked me if I ever committed any crimes in Canada or if I was denied entry. He then asked me to sign my CoPR and we were done.

All in all, it went much more smoothly than I thought :D

malwa09

Nov 25, 2010
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
computergeek said:
Nothing - you're just signing the document stating that is true. If you later turn out to have lied, they can charge you with misrepresentation and ultimately revoke your permanent residency.
Thanks computergeek

parhar51

Sep 22, 2010
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Nomination.....
N/A
LANDED..........
APRIL 26,2013
HELLO TO ALL,
I am appending hereunder my landing experience for the benefit of my friends:

With Grace of ALMIGHTY, I landed at Calgary Airport on 26th April.
I boarded BA 256 FROM DELHI to London nd, from there, BA 103 took me to Calgary. At INGIA, NDHL, did not confront any problem nd had a safe passage to the Aircraft with boarding card issued for onward journey (FROM LDN TO Cal),as well. Reached Heathrow ,London at scheduled time. My God, never had an idea that such an exhaustive route was to be traversed to reach the departure lounge/gate of the next flight, despite the fact that there was explicit Sign Board indicating the path for the said purpose. At least three transit trains , four times usage of escalator at different floors nd security check , having a serpentine queue, could only help me reach the departure gate for the flight to my destination, Calgary.
Reached Calgary at the schedule time of arrival. As emerged from the flight with little scary mind , as to how the situation would be handled. Here again followed the sign board nd reached the custom's enclosure manned by CBSA nd then Immigration section. Append hereunder the conversation with duty officers thereat:
At custom: 'I", Good evening Mam, while handing over my PPT nd Visa Docs.
"Good evening ,Parhar", replied the officer while LOOKING AT MY ppt
Officer," What is the purpose of ur visit ?
How much money u have brought with u ?
Are u carrying any alcoholic substance with u ?
Are u carrying gifts with u?
Welcome to Canada, Go to Immigration section for other formality."
Immigration Dept: There were few officers attending the visitors.
The attendant at the door directed me towards an officer
As I reached the counter, wished the officer nd She replied, "Good evening" nd
smiled.
OFFICER" Please give me ur landing Docs.
Do u have any mailing address here and gave me a piece of paper to
write it on.
How many persons live in this house?
Do u not have any personal accommodation here ?"
The officer asked me to sign at the appropriate place on COPR , HANDED OVER THE CABRONISED COPY OF COPR and said", Now, PARHAR, u are PERMANENT RESIDENT OF CANADA"
I THANKED THE OFFICER ND WALKED AWAY TO COLLECT MY LAGUAGE.
Collected the language nd started walking out, In between, encountered an official who directed me for the way straight out through the exit, to be eventually greeted by my RELATIVES WHO HAD COME TO PICK ME UP FROM THE AIRPORT.
So, this is how the journey for which we all toiled nd waited came to an end.

Good luck nd May God bless all !!!
parhar51

itiswell

Oct 27, 2012
computergeek said:
Hi computergeek,
I just sent you a pm, please reply. Thanks.

dina07

Star Member
May 1, 2013
GUJARAT
Category........
Visa Office......
NDVO
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
MARCH-2010
IELTS Request
6.5 BANDS
Med's Request
22/02/2013
Med's Done....
01/03/2013
Interview........
Passport Req..
22/02/2013
VISA ISSUED...
23/04/2013
LANDED..........
may be in Aug-Sep-2013
Hello parhar,

Congrats for landing.

What was ur reply when officer asked u that "What is the purpose of ur visit ?" coz. if same thing they will ask me i will be prepared for replying.......as we are PR under FSW1 so what should we say?

computergeek

VIP Member
Jan 31, 2012
Vancouver BC
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-O/LA
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-03-2012
AOR Received.
21-06-2012
File Transfer...
21-6-2012
Med's Done....
11-02-2012
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
26-09-2012
VISA ISSUED...
10-10-2012
LANDED..........
13-10-2012
dina07 said:
Hello parhar,

Congrats for landing.

What was ur reply when officer asked u that "What is the purpose of ur visit ?" coz. if same thing they will ask me i will be prepared for replying.......as we are PR under FSW1 so what should we say?
Say "to become a permanent resident of Canada" - that IS the purpose of your visit (when landing) and at that point the officer will request your paperwork and then refer you to secondary inspection (where they will finalize your change of status from "foreign national" to "permanent resident").

dina07

Star Member
May 1, 2013
GUJARAT
Category........
Visa Office......
NDVO
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
MARCH-2010
IELTS Request
6.5 BANDS
Med's Request
22/02/2013
Med's Done....
01/03/2013
Interview........
Passport Req..
22/02/2013
VISA ISSUED...
23/04/2013
LANDED..........
may be in Aug-Sep-2013
Hello Computergeek,

Thanks a lot

------- Can we bring together Regular Medicine like of Cough, Stomach Pain, Fever etc etc or we need a Prescription of Doctor?

------- Per person How much weight we can bring together?

computergeek

VIP Member
Jan 31, 2012
Vancouver BC
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-O/LA
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-03-2012
AOR Received.
21-06-2012
File Transfer...
21-6-2012
Med's Done....
11-02-2012
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
26-09-2012
VISA ISSUED...
10-10-2012
LANDED..........
13-10-2012
dina07 said:
Can we bring together Regular Medicine like of Cough, Stomach Pain, Fever etc etc or we need a Prescription of Doctor?
You may bring over the counter medications into Canada in reasonable quantities (e.g, enough for personal use, but not to resell to others). Medications listed on Schedule F (specific prescription medications) are limited to a 90 day supply personally prescribed to you.

dina07 said:
Per person How much weight we can bring together?
There is no limit for customs by weight (or value when you are coming to Canada as a new permanent resident). Just remember that you must declare everything you will bring into Canada. You do not need to have it in your possession but you must declare it (on form B4/B4A). Goods you will bring at a later time (personally or via a shipping company) are known as "goods to follow".

parhar51

Sep 22, 2010
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Nomination.....
N/A
LANDED..........
APRIL 26,2013
@computergreek ji,
U are welcome.
The custom officer( Border security Agency) had asked me the "SAID QUESTION".
My reply was straight:" I am immigrating ,Mam. I have to complete my landing formalities".
I pushed all the relevant docs, namely PASSPORT nd COPR.
Yes. Immigration officer checked all the relevant docs. nd got my signature at the appropriate place in COPR. I WAS HANDED OVER THE CARBONISED COPY OF COPR ,WITH A COMENT BY IO,"PARHAR NOW U HAVE BECOME CANADIAN PR,WELCOME TO CANADA"
Hope, this helps u.
Good luck nd May God bless all !!!
parhar51