+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

DOUBTS? "Can I 'Land' anywhere" matter -Which POE to Choose !!!

qorax

VIP Member
Nov 21, 2009
Brampton, Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
London
LANDED..........
May-2010
Re: How to get the citizenship quickly...?

ayacout said:
Dear,
I would like to have your advices for what I have to do to facilitate and accelarate obtaining the Canadian citizenship. Knowing that i have landed just 2 months ago.
Regards,
There's nothing u can do before 1095 days of residence here. B'coz u aren't "eligible" for filing the citizenship apps before 3-yrs, that's the fastest it could move.

Qorax

ayacout

May 22, 2012
Thanks dear for your kind reply.
Should I do any activities or something during these 3 years that can be a good support for getting the citizenship?
Should I make any good history with the banks...I need your kind advices in this term.
regards
ahmed

qorax

VIP Member
Nov 21, 2009
Brampton, Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
London
LANDED..........
May-2010
ayacout said:
Thanks dear for your kind reply.
Should I do any activities or something during these 3 years that can be a good support for getting the citizenship?
Should I make any good history with the banks...I need your kind advices in this term.
regards
ahmed
Nothing special is required... As long as u reside here u r good.

Immigrant84

Apr 30, 2012
Toronto
Visa Office......
NDVO
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
Sep 19, 2011
Doc's Request.
All documents in order
AOR Received.
Dec 20, 2011
File Transfer...
Jan 23, 2012
Med's Request
Mar 26, 2012
Med's Done....
Mar 30, 2012
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
Mar 26, 2012
VISA ISSUED...
May 7, 2012
LANDED..........
June 21, 2012
Hi Qorax,
I applied for Canadian immigration under the federal skilled worker program. I had an AEO to go along with my application as well. My job offer is from Taber, AB. My application has been successful and I got the passport back with the visa on May 12.
My question is, am I bound to work for my employer once I reach Canada or am I free to search for other job opportunities elsewhere in other provinces? Does my POE HAVE to be Alberta? I'm in the hotel industry and I feel I'll have much better employment and growth opportunities in Toronto. Would it be a problem if I land in Toronto?
Thanks for any info you can provide.

qorax

VIP Member
Nov 21, 2009
Brampton, Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
London
LANDED..........
May-2010
Immigrant84 said:
Hi Qorax,
I applied for Canadian immigration under the federal skilled worker program. I had an AEO to go along with my application as well. My job offer is from Taber, AB. My application has been successful and I got the passport back with the visa on May 12.
My question is, am I bound to work for my employer once I reach Canada or am I free to search for other job opportunities elsewhere in other provinces? Does my POE HAVE to be Alberta? I'm in the hotel industry and I feel I'll have much better employment and growth opportunities in Toronto. Would it be a problem if I land in Toronto?
Thanks for any info you can provide.
Usually for FSW-2 the BSO recording ur landing would question u if u enter Canada thru another province. However, once u r a PR, u could move anywhere.

Qorax

ayacout

May 22, 2012
child tax...wrong filling

HI ..
I have arrived Canada just a 45 days ago. I have filled the child tax benefit. I did a mistake where there is a question of my income of 2012, 2011, and 2012. I filled those blank area with $. but some people told me that I should not mention anything there, and I should have mentioned zero income as I was not in Canada during that time.
what is the solution? I sent the application of Child tax benefit 3 weeks ago. Can I resend again another one with zero in the income blanks? how to correct it?

pls advise..regards

qorax

VIP Member
Nov 21, 2009
Brampton, Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
London
LANDED..........
May-2010
Re: child tax...wrong filling

ayacout said:
HI ..
I have arrived Canada just a 45 days ago. I have filled the child tax benefit. I did a mistake where there is a question of my income of 2012, 2011, and 2012. I filled those blank area with $. but some people told me that I should not mention anything there, and I should have mentioned zero income as I was not in Canada during that time.
what is the solution? I sent the application of Child tax benefit 3 weeks ago. Can I resend again another one with zero in the income blanks? how to correct it?

pls advise..regards
U've filed it right... U r required to inform ur Global Income, not just ur Canadian one, which u did right.

iamthebest

Mar 6, 2012
Hi Qorax,

We are planning to land in August.....which will be better area to land Toronto or Edmonton....

Thanks

Bhawna

qorax

VIP Member
Nov 21, 2009
Brampton, Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
London
LANDED..........
May-2010
iamthebest said:
Hi Qorax,

We are planning to land in August.....which will be better area to land Toronto or Edmonton....

Thanks

Bhawna
Hi,

That'd depend on many variables, mostly relating to u. As a wise practice one should land at that city where s/he has some friends/relatives. However, if none... then one should weigh his/her objectives w.r.t. the cities in mind. It's usually a very personal decision.

Given ur situation, background, requirements etc. it'd be difficult for anyone else to make that decision for u. Pls study both cities, visit their official sites and then weigh their indiv pros & cons vis-vis ur predicament. Edmonton, anyway, is a good place too.

Qorax

KKm

Apr 24, 2012
Landing Vancouver in July-2012

hi All,
need help..

i will be landing vancouver in end of July-2012
i will be landing with my wife. will have 3pcs luggage each. as we are landing together do we need to make separate "GTF" goods to follow list? as some of the things will be packed in common package.

GTF can i can make in spreadsheet ??

please reply.

ca2012

Oct 17, 2011
Hi Qorax,

Can my brother land just before 2-3 days of his PR visa expired? He is so worry because has something needing to manage till that time.

Thank you for your response!

qorax

VIP Member
Nov 21, 2009
Brampton, Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
London
LANDED..........
May-2010
ca2012 said:
Hi Qorax,

Can my brother land just before 2-3 days of his PR visa expired? He is so worry because has something needing to manage till that time.

Thank you for your response!
Yes, why not?

jonaj

Mar 14, 2012
Hi. Am a banker who wish to migrate to canada please i want to know relevance certification or professional that is widely accepted by canadian employers of labour and how relevant is CISA to canadian economy.

Thank you

POSITIVE

Sep 4, 2010
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
first of all million of thanks for making our Canada immigrtion experc a smooth one dear Qorax...
i wanna correct here that all my landing formalities were completed at Montreal airport itself though i had onward journey ticket to Toronto via Air Canada...
I went thru following at Montrael airport--
1.Filled disembarkation form in Plane before landing at Montreal--->

2. went downstairs at Montreal airport--->Passport was stamped and disembarkation(Canadian Customs form) collected---->

3. collected baggage----->

4.proceeded to Canadian immigration n customs counters(they r on a single desk/counter )...Canadian Border Seecurity Agency agent took our passports n COPR papers...asked me to read COPR for any error....then asked us to wait...then he handed over to me my prefilled goods to follow(b4) list and it was stamped...he handed over to me some landing form which he said is very important n should be placed in a safe place....he asked me abt my address in Canada where PR card should be despatched...then he gave back our passports n congratulated us n confirmed that all landing formalities r complete n there is no formality for Toronto airport as Montreal-Toronto is a domestic flight----->

5.Proceeded to Air Canada counters for boarding pass for my kid which was not issed in Delhi--->Boarded Air Canada plane for Toronto---->

AT TORONTO AIRPORT---

6.Put a 2 dollar coin in machine for taking the trolley at Toronto airport....Collected baggage at Toronto airport n there were no landing formailities at Toronto airport---->---->my friend took us to his house....Thats it

qorax said:
Hi,

They'd let u "enter" Canada, as u have an onward journey tkt. But ur COPR will remain unstamped, which could be done at any CIC office either in the city or at the a/port of another province. U'll move thru Montreal Passport Control though, which will log ur "landing" entry.

Qorax

yrkandel

Jun 23, 2010
I recently got approved my permanent resident application in canada. I am planning to go canada, Manitoba driving my car. My car is new, I bought it a month ago and I donot have title. It was financed by Toyota. I will stay in canada just for couple days and will return back in USA. My question is can I take my car into Canada without title and it is not paid off.
Thank you,