+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Doubts about the caregiver program

Miss Kate

Jun 11, 2014
Hi guys! I have some questions about the caregiver program, please I will appreciate your help
how can I apply?
Do I need to find a family willing to sponsor me first?
Do you think is better to search work by yourself or with an agency? If your answer is an agency which agency?
It is possible to find job as a caregiver if I'm not in Canada ?
How does the open work permit work?? I read in this forum that anybody can give you an OWP although you don't have experience being a caregiver is that true?
Can You Tell Me Your experiences about how you find work as a care giver.

I know I made a lot of question I hope you can help me I really want to work as a caregiver, I have experience as nanny in my country and I am a bachelor in physical therapy working with kids

mylady833

Sep 28, 2011
Saskatoon
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Feb 25, 2013
Doc's Request.
Aip May 15, 2014, DM July 12,2014
Interview........
07-08-2014
LANDED..........
07-08-2014
Miss Kate said:
Hi guys! I have some questions about the caregiver program, please I will appreciate your help
how can I apply?
Do I need to find a family willing to sponsor me first?
Do you think is better to search work by yourself or with an agency? If your answer is an agency which agency?
It is possible to find job as a caregiver if I'm not in Canada ?
How does the open work permit work?? I read in this forum that anybody can give you an OWP although you don't have experience being a caregiver is that true?
Can You Tell Me Your experiences about how you find work as a care giver.

I know I made a lot of question I hope you can help me I really want to work as a caregiver, I have experience as nanny in my country and I am a bachelor in physical therapy working with kids
You first need to check if you are qualified to work as a Caregiver. Do you have the required training, education or 1 year paid experience? If you are qualified the you can either apply under an agency or find an employer for yourself. Bear in mind that it is very difficult now to find an employer considering the cost of applying for an LMIA.

You cannot just get an open work permit. Open work permit is issued to those caregivers that are already applying for permanent residence.

Miss Kate

Jun 11, 2014
Thank you! Yes I qualified I have the experience and education, but you think is not possible to find an employer if I am overseas? what do you think about seek an employer in canada as a visitor ?

mylady833

Sep 28, 2011
Saskatoon
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Feb 25, 2013
Doc's Request.
Aip May 15, 2014, DM July 12,2014
Interview........
07-08-2014
LANDED..........
07-08-2014
Miss Kate said:
Thank you! Yes I qualified I have the experience and education, but you think is not possible to find an employer if I am overseas? what do you think about seek an employer in canada as a visitor ?
It is still possible for you to apply as a Caregiver even if you are overseas. Depending which country you are now, there are lots of agency that can help you look for an employer for a fee. You can try jobbank as well for yourself to find an employer.Goodluck!

Rosey_44

Jun 14, 2015
Unfortunately, lot's of LMIA for caregivers are not approved now... I hope this will change.

You can Google "Nanny program stonewalled by Ottawa, frustrated parents say"