+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

doubt

bobo244

Feb 7, 2024
I am an international student, my study permit does not allow me to work off campus, so I am going to request a change on the conditions of my study permit, incidentally, this format is the same for applications to extend study permit period. I want to request both. Can I submit a double application? In the same format at the same time and only paying fees once?

I need to extend my study permit that is going to finish just a month after I will have finished my course, because I want to apply to express entry and I need two or three more months, only until then I will get the qualification required, but I need to work before that, so I need to apply to change on conditions as soon as possible.

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
I am an international student, my study permit does not allow me to work off campus, so I am going to request a change on the conditions of my study permit, incidentally, this format is the same for applications to extend study permit period. I want to request both. Can I submit a double application? In the same format at the same time and only paying fees once?

I need to extend my study permit that is going to finish just a month after I will have finished my course, because I want to apply to express entry and I need two or three more months, only until then I will get the qualification required, but I need to work before that, so I need to apply to change on conditions as soon as possible.
You can apply for both. Why do you need to extend your study permit now. If you finish the course before expiry why do you need to extend it? You extend a month before.

Reactions: bobo244

bobo244

Feb 7, 2024
You can apply for both. Why do you need to extend your study permit now. If you finish the course before expiry why do you need to extend it? You extend a month before.
I need to extend it because I will comply with all conditions to express entry 30 or 60 days later my current study finishes and It is easier to apply being in Canada than outside. I only need some more days, who knows what could happen by then, it is just a precaution.

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
I need to extend it because I will comply with all conditions to express entry 30 or 60 days later my current study finishes and It is easier to apply being in Canada than outside. I only need some more days, who knows what could happen by then, it is just a precaution.
[/QUOTE

What will your CRS score be after you finish your Co-op and graduate? Given current CRS score required is around 530 and it is impossible to know what CRA score will be required to receive ITA you can’t count on it being worthwhile to apply for EE right after finishing co-op and graduating. How would you remain in Canada even if you applied and got ITA? You should be planning on apply for PGWP (assume you attend a program that qualified for PGWP).

Reactions: bobo244

bobo244

Feb 7, 2024
of course I cannot, I do not see future, nobody can do that, but I am going to try, I believe I can, so the die is cast now. Thank you for your answer.