+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Doubt with work/study/Activity part of PR renewal

George1978

Feb 1, 2015
Hi,
I need help with filling my PR renewal application.Doubt is with work/study/Activity part.I was employed around 2 years and unemployed for around 2 years in between.I was not studying or was having any activity(except looking for work) during my unemployment period.

Should I just enter only the period I worked?Will the gap between the employment period create problem?

Its asking for location too.I was unemployed in different province.So its hard to write the location next to unemployed period.

I don't want my application to be returned.

Please advise.

Thank You

spyfy

Champion Member
May 8, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
26-08-2015
As mentioned: Do not put any gaps.

Instead, add each period of unemployment to your list. If you changed your primary residence during the unemployment, make it two items

e.g.

Sep 2014 - January 2015 Sample Company, Toronto, ON
February 2015 - July 2015 Unemployed/Job Searching, Toronto, ON
August 2015 - November 2015 Unemployed/Job Searching, Fredericton, NB
since December 2015 Sample Company, Moncton, NB

George1978

Feb 1, 2015
Thank you for advise.My problem is I have too many address.I live on rent and move most of the time.So when I am unemployed also I have address change.I felt CIC will feel annoyed if they see too many location.

George1978

Feb 1, 2015
That true.I worked through agency.So its all temp jobs.Few months work then few months unemployed then few months work like that.Even when I am unemployed I had 3 address change. So too much entry. I will write all without gaps.
I was never on EI or welfare.Hope CIC wont see red flag.

George1978

Feb 1, 2015
I worked more than 2 years.Had some savings. Survived mostly by that.Rest was send by my parents from my home country.

EI they wont give if you quit.I quit most of my jobs.Only first job I got layoff.But didn't get EI because I had only 900 hours instead of required 910(for first job)

I have one more question. If I worked through agency should I write agency name as employer or the company I worked for?

I worked in a company for 6 months through agency and later got hired and worked another 6 months there.