+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Doubt about NOC

Btrfly14

Aug 21, 2014
Hello People

I am newbie here. I heard about the express entry program only yesterday and got interested. After reading some of the related threads I got some information. But I could not able to understand about National Occupation Classification (NOC).
I have worked as Research Scientist in Korea for 3 years. So will it count here? Or only people who are working in canada can write about their skill types?
Please someone provide me with such information.

Intocanada

Mar 18, 2014
Btrfly14 said:
Hello People

I am newbie here. I heard about the express entry program only yesterday and got interested. After reading some of the related threads I got some information. But I could not able to understand about National Occupation Classification (NOC).
I have worked as Research Scientist in Korea for 3 years. So will it count here? Or only people who are working in canada can write about their skill types?
Please someone provide me with such information.
You need to have at least 1 year of experience in NOC 0,A or B to be eligible to apply PR for Canada. Of course, more experience will fetch you more points. Foreign(i.e., Non-Canadian) experience needs to fall under the NOC 0,A or B to be eligible under EE. You may google your designation and append NOC Canada to it (Ex - Research Scientist NOC Canada). Almost the first link will give you list of responsibilities and example titles. Try to match your job responsibilities with mentioned responsibilities in the link. Below is the link I found when I searched.

http://www5.hrsdc.gc.ca/cnp/English/NOC/2011/Profile.aspx?val=2&val1=2115