So Ive applied twice between Feb 15 to March 15 2020:
Here's my timeline:
APPLICATION ATTEMPT #1
- Application Submitted: Feb 12 2020
- Biometrics Submitted and Completed: Feb 15, 2020
- Correspondece Letter about Biometric validity: Feb 19 2020
- Final Decision of REFUSAL - Feb 21, 2020 :( :(

Reasons provided:

" I am not satisfied that you will leave Canada at the end of your stay as a temporary resident, as stipulated in paragraph 179(b) of the IRPR, based on - the purpose of your visit
- based on your family ties in Canada and in your country of residence."

=========

APPLICATION ATTEMPT #2:
This time? I provided in *addition* to all other documents (taxes, finance, employment letter, etc):
- Detailed letter of explanation
- Itinerary of 3 cities (Toronto, Niagara falls, Ottawa) + i reduced my trip duration from a month and a half to 15 days!
- Rental Agreements of current residence
- Home ownership documents / house tax/ property tax / water tax receipts
- Hotel Bookings paid
- Provisional flight tickets

*Timeline*THIS TIME:
March 15: Application submitted
March 16: Canadian borders close due to CORONAVIRUS and i start to worry (my trip was supposed to he April 1-April 14)
April 1: Notification that they already have my biometrics and info on its validity
April 1: Refusal

*REASON THIS TIME*
" I am not satisfied that you will leave Canada at the end of your stay as a temporary resident, as stipulated in paragraph 179(b) of the IRPR, based on - the purpose of your visit”

So now it has gone down from TWO REASONS of rejection to ONE.

Ive never been rejected for a visa before, have travelled in europe, uk, australia, Nz and asia extensively.

How do I make it to zero reasons for rejection???

also - is this a good time to order gcms notes?

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
So Ive applied twice between Feb 15 to March 15 2020:
Here's my timeline:
APPLICATION ATTEMPT #1
- Application Submitted: Feb 12 2020
- Biometrics Submitted and Completed: Feb 15, 2020
- Correspondece Letter about Biometric validity: Feb 19 2020
- Final Decision of REFUSAL - Feb 21, 2020 :( :(

Reasons provided:

" I am not satisfied that you will leave Canada at the end of your stay as a temporary resident, as stipulated in paragraph 179(b) of the IRPR, based on - the purpose of your visit
- based on your family ties in Canada and in your country of residence."

=========

APPLICATION ATTEMPT #2:
This time? I provided in *addition* to all other documents (taxes, finance, employment letter, etc):
- Detailed letter of explanation
- Itinerary of 3 cities (Toronto, Niagara falls, Ottawa) + i reduced my trip duration from a month and a half to 15 days!
- Rental Agreements of current residence
- Home ownership documents / house tax/ property tax / water tax receipts
- Hotel Bookings paid
- Provisional flight tickets

*Timeline*THIS TIME:
March 15: Application submitted
March 16: Canadian borders close due to CORONAVIRUS and i start to worry (my trip was supposed to he April 1-April 14)
April 1: Notification that they already have my biometrics and info on its validity
April 1: Refusal

*REASON THIS TIME*
" I am not satisfied that you will leave Canada at the end of your stay as a temporary resident, as stipulated in paragraph 179(b) of the IRPR, based on - the purpose of your visit”

So now it has gone down from TWO REASONS of rejection to ONE.

Ive never been rejected for a visa before, have travelled in europe, uk, australia, Nz and asia extensively.

How do I make it to zero reasons for rejection???

also - is this a good time to order gcms notes?
to be able to help we need information about your profile.

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Country of citizenship? Are you living and working there? Are you employed or in school? How long have you been working? Is your salary considered decent so there would be no temptation to work in Canada? Do you have family in Canada? Have you ever applied to other work, study, PR programs? How much liquid cash did you show in your savings? Do you own property? Have you travelled to countries like US, UK, Australia, etc.? Any other relevant info.

DiverGirl92

Feb 28, 2020
Country of citizenship? Are you living and working there? Are you employed or in school? How long have you been working? Is your salary considered decent so there would be no temptation to work in Canada? Do you have family in Canada? Have you ever applied to other work, study, PR programs? How much liquid cash did you show in your savings? Do you own property? Have you travelled to countries like US, UK, Australia, etc.? Any other relevant info.
  • Country of citizenship?
India

• Are you living and working there?
Yes, I am

• Are you employed or in school?
Im employed and finished my masters degree in 2015

How long have you been working?

Since 2015

• Is your salary considered decent so there would be no temptation to work in Canada?
Yes it is decent for Indian standards - I work in environmental conservation

• Do you have family in Canada?
I dont have family in Canada.

Have you ever applied to other work, study, PR programs?

No I havent.

• How much liquid cash did you show in your savings? I showed liquid cash of $7000 with fixed deposits of 34k that have matured recently.

• Do you own property?
I dont personally, but my Mom does and Im a beneficiary on those papers and I showed a letter from my Mom saying shes helping me out financially as well

- Have you travelled to countries like US, UK, Australia, etc.?

Yes I have travelled to all of the above countries.

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
  • Country of citizenship?
India

• Are you living and working there?
Yes, I am

• Are you employed or in school?
Im employed and finished my masters degree in 2015

How long have you been working?

Since 2015

• Is your salary considered decent so there would be no temptation to work in Canada?
Yes it is decent for Indian standards - I work in environmental conservation

• Do you have family in Canada?
I dont have family in Canada.

Have you ever applied to other work, study, PR programs?

No I havent.

• How much liquid cash did you show in your savings? I showed liquid cash of $7000 with fixed deposits of 34k that have matured recently.

• Do you own property?
I dont personally, but my Mom does and Im a beneficiary on those papers and I showed a letter from my Mom saying shes helping me out financially as well

- Have you travelled to countries like US, UK, Australia, etc.?

Yes I have travelled to all of the above countries.
why are you travelling to Canada? Just checking but seems you asked for a month first and then 15 days.

DiverGirl92

Feb 28, 2020
why are you travelling to Canada? Just checking but seems you asked for a month first and then 15 days.
Im traveling just to chill, meet friends, explore!
I wanted to relax for a month and few days the first time I applied but I think that threw them so I reduced the duration of my trip.

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Im traveling just to chill, meet friends, explore!
I wanted to relax for a month and few days the first time I applied but I think that threw them so I reduced the duration of my trip.
Would suspect there may be concerns that your Canadian friend is your boyfriend and there may be a chance that you will get married and apply for inland sponsorship.

DiverGirl92

Feb 28, 2020
Oh dear! This is a tough one! I have a lovely partner here! And the friend who i will be visiting for a few days in Toronto also is in a relationship.
How does one reassure them? I guess GCMS notes will tell me, at this point there's not much else?!

Reactions: canuck78

DiverGirl92

Feb 28, 2020
Oh dear! This is a tough one! I have a lovely partner here! And the friend who i will be visiting for a few days in Toronto also is in a relationship.
How does one reassure them? I guess GCMS notes will tell me, at this point there's not much else?!
Should i also just book a hotel in toronto and not show this connection to my friend at all next time?

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Would check your GCMS notes first But I would consider showing proof that you are both in relationships with other people. Many people applying to visit a friend are actually coming to visit a significant other so there are always suspicions especially when it comes to young people and members of the opposite sex.

DiverGirl92

Feb 28, 2020
Would check your GCMS notes first But I would consider showing proof that you are both in relationships with other people. Many people applying to visit a friend are actually coming to visit a significant other so there are always suspicions especially when it comes to young people and members of the opposite sex.
Okay, and how should I prove this? Photos? Edited invitation letter adding that my friend is in a relationship? How can i prove this from my end? :/

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Okay, and how should I prove this? Photos? Edited invitation letter adding that my friend is in a relationship? How can i prove this from my end? :/
Not quite sure. If tou4 relationship status and pictures are both available online you could direct the VO to your social media. You basically have to think like a visa officer and try to address any concerns they may have. I would also include a detailed day by day itinerary with your application.

DiverGirl92

Feb 28, 2020
Not quite sure. If tou4 relationship status and pictures are both available online you could direct the VO to your social media. You basically have to think like a visa officer and try to address any concerns they may have. I would also include a detailed day by day itinerary with your application.
I did include a detailed day by day itinerary for the 2 week trip. :(