+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Double qualification criteria?

Saman5689

Sep 16, 2018
hi guys,
I am an ACCA member with 7 years work experience. During my 3 year audit training period i got registered with ICAEW and got exemptions for 12 out 15 papers. Now i am done with ICAEW too. Plz tell me whether this makes me eligible for the double qualification criteria to apply for immigration? Also Is ACCA assessed as a 4 year program by WES?

Vvek

Star Member
Jul 16, 2018
hi guys,
I am an ACCA member with 7 years work experience. During my 3 year audit training period i got registered with ICAEW and got exemptions for 12 out 15 papers. Now i am done with ICAEW too. Plz tell me whether this makes me eligible for the double qualification criteria to apply for immigration? Also Is ACCA assessed as a 4 year program by WES?
I guess you get your ECA for two degrees. We can't say with utmost certainty as assessment agencies are not uniform with their assessment these days. But I know that your ACCA will be evaluated as 4 year program for sure.

jimjim99

Feb 24, 2019
hi guys,
Hi, just wondering if you got ICAEW (ACA) assessed by WES. If so what report type from WES (standard ECA for immigration?) and what the result was?

James_bk_fun

Star Member
Mar 3, 2019
Hi, just wondering if you got ICAEW (ACA) assessed by WES. If so what report type from WES (standard ECA for immigration?) and what the result was?
Hi. I’m in the same boat is you. Lots of conflicting info on whether an ACA can be assessed by WES or can be counted as a qualification for CRS purposes.

Have you been able to make any progress? I’m going to give WES a call tomorrow to see if I can clarify it specifically

jimjim99

Feb 24, 2019
Hi. I’m in the same boat is you. Lots of conflicting info on whether an ACA can be assessed by WES or can be counted as a qualification for CRS purposes.

Have you been able to make any progress? I’m going to give WES a call tomorrow to see if I can clarify it specifically
After seeing someone say they got a positive assessment on a FB group I've put in for an assessment, WES reviewing docs at the moment. ICAEW appears under institution type "Further and Professional Education: BTEC Diplomas, Externally Examined Qualifications".

How did you get on with WES? I struggled to get a useful answer from WES a while back, made me skeptical they just want $ from an application. ICAEW said it is assessed as a masters for UK immigration points but were unable to advise how it's viewed for Canadian.

James_bk_fun

Star Member
Mar 3, 2019
Hey!

I’m at the same stage as you. They’ve got my documents at the moment.

Here is a summary of my fact finding. Nothing definitive but hopefully points to a positive outcome!

I spoke to the ICAEW about the concerns and they said they send docs to WES on a daily basis. The conversation pretty much went ‘I need my transcript for immigration’ and their first response was ‘oh what organisation are you using, is it WES?’. Had some confidence from that.

Oddly I’ve seen a few places that the ACCA has been assessed as a Masters and as a 3 year bachelors by WES. Bit odd that there have been different answers (maybe different years or modules as they have a choices) but again, took some comfort from them recognising a qualification that is basically the same as the ACA.

When I spoke to WES on the phone they said they were familiar with the ACA and they’d compare it against a CPA. Given they’ve got a reciprocal agreement in place, I figure it’ll be okay. When I asked them about the whole ‘we don’t assess professional qualifications’ guidance, they explained that was for more vocational areas that are hard to benchmark. A qualification for air conditioning servicing was the example they gave.

Waqarkhan715

May 19, 2019
Hey!

I’m at the same stage as you. They’ve got my documents at the moment.

Here is a summary of my fact finding. Nothing definitive but hopefully points to a positive outcome!

I spoke to the ICAEW about the concerns and they said they send docs to WES on a daily basis. The conversation pretty much went ‘I need my transcript for immigration’ and their first response was ‘oh what organisation are you using, is it WES?’. Had some confidence from that.

Oddly I’ve seen a few places that the ACCA has been assessed as a Masters and as a 3 year bachelors by WES. Bit odd that there have been different answers (maybe different years or modules as they have a choices) but again, took some comfort from them recognising a qualification that is basically the same as the ACA.

When I spoke to WES on the phone they said they were familiar with the ACA and they’d compare it against a CPA. Given they’ve got a reciprocal agreement in place, I figure it’ll be okay. When I asked them about the whole ‘we don’t assess professional qualifications’ guidance, they explained that was for more vocational areas that are hard to benchmark. A qualification for air conditioning servicing was the example they gave.
Hi,
I just wanted to check what was the result of ECA for ICAEW

Tirmazi

Jul 1, 2020
I am going to obtain my ICAEW membership through pathways (examination of experience), and wanted to inquire if i can obtain any equivalence ECA from WES. I called ICAEW, and they responded that we will not issue any transcripts but only a membership award letter. I am an ACCA member and WES already granted me ECA of 4 years bachelor degree.

Tirmazi

Jul 1, 2020
I am going to obtain my ICAEW membership through pathways (examination of experience), and wanted to inquire if i can obtain any equivalence ECA from WES. I called ICAEW, and they responded that we will not issue any transcripts but only a membership award letter. I am an ACCA member and WES already granted me ECA of 4 years bachelor degree.
Please help me on the query if anyone knows about it.