+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Double check info about SOPW as i'm about to get PGWP

rafzdv

Jul 15, 2018
Hey guys, just read the whole thread and I want to double check some info.
I`ll probably receive my graduation letter from the school around mid-August or September.
I know that I need to stop working in the day I get this letter. Does my wife has also to stop working on her job at the same time? Or can she work until her OWP expires? when does she need to stop working?

if no, do I need to change her status to a visitor at the border or online? or is she legally allowed to stay under her current OWP?

I might have a 40hrs contract job that falls in the NOC 0AB, is that a fulltime job? or does the employment document must clearly say this is a fulltime position?

It might be a 4 months contract but I read that It needs to be 6 months or more to get my spouse a new OWP, is that right?

Do I strictly need 3 pay studs or one and the letter would be enough?

She is currently employed but from what I'm reading she will probably need to quit until this change process to happen, this is so frustrating...

Thx a lot for all the previous info.
All the best

rafzdv

Jul 15, 2018
canuck78 reply

If you apply for your PGWP before your student visa expires and within the 90 days of graduation you can keep on working or look for a job. Your wife must stop working when her OWP expires if she hasn't received her new OWP. To apply for her OWP you must have a full-time job, 3 pay stubs and it has to be in NOC 0, A or B.