+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Double Applications any idea is it possible??

DRbaker

Sep 24, 2020
Hi, we need your advice. We are processing a visa under Express Entry Federal Skilled Worker with common-law.

However, I have some questions.

1. My partner owns the house way back in 2015 and we met 2017 thus all the bills e.g. electricity, water, etc. already under his names. so basically we have no bills under our names.
2. We have a joint bank account, joint real estate property, joint investment, my newly renewed government ID under his address but this is all we have.

Is this sufficient enough? In my understanding, they need lots of proof showing we have the same address.

Additionally, while waiting can one of us apply for the Provincial nominee program or will it create conflict like creating double applications is not allowed.

Thank you

Last edited:

Keepers

Jun 9, 2018
Hi, we need your advice. We are processing a visa under Express Entry Federal Skilled Worker with common-law.

1. My partner owns the house way back in 2015 and we met 2017 thus all the bills e.g. electricity, water, etc. already under his names. so basically we have no bills under our names.
2. We have a joint bank account, joint real estate property, joint investment, my newly renewed government ID under his address but this is all we have.

Is this sufficient enough? In my understanding, they need lots of proof showing we have the same address.

Additionally, while waiting can one of us apply for the Provincial nominee program or will it create conflict like creating double applications is not allowed.

Thank you
Hello, With regards to the proof, that should be sufficient. Also you you can have a notary public certify, the declaration of common law status, found on the IRCC website, provide you guys have been living continuously together for at least a year.

I dont think you can have two active profile.

DRbaker

Sep 24, 2020
Hello, With regards to the proof, that should be sufficient. Also, you can have a notary public certify, the declaration of common-law status, found on the IRCC website, provide you guys have been living continuously together for at least a year.

I don't think you can have two active profiles.
Thanks. So we decided to apply after 1 year so we can collect solid proof of cohabitation. Should we include a copy of his house contract showing he purchase the house since 2015 and some proof of billing under his name? e.g electricity and water?

This is what we plan to submit next year.

1. Copy of his original contract of the house showing he purchase the house way back 2015 and some utility bill under his name. We will also include a cover letter explaining this situation.
2. Copy of our joint bank account
3. Copy of our joint real estate property
4. Copy of our joint investments
5. Copy of my newly renewed government ID showing his address
6. Copy of my insurance receipt showing his address
7. Some emails sent to me showing his address.
8. 20 photos, airline tickets, and hotel accommodation during our vacation.

Is this enough? We will make sure that our receipt will cover at least 1 year old before we submit the application.

Thank you

Keepers

Jun 9, 2018
Those documents seem sufficient after a year, but you should also include that statuatory declaration of common law/spouse since by then you would have been living together for a year..Again, that was what I used and included in my application with my then common law partner. Its a document you have signed by a notoary public or Justice of the peace and affirms your common law spouse for IRCC. You can find it on IRCC website and imclude any of those documents that are jointly owned with the address.

DRbaker

Sep 24, 2020
Those documents seem sufficient after a year, but you should also include that statuatory declaration of common law/spouse since by then you would have been living together for a year..Again, that was what I used and included in my application with my then common law partner. Its a document you have signed by a notoary public or Justice of the peace and affirms your common law spouse for IRCC. You can find it on IRCC website and imclude any of those documents that are jointly owned with the address.
Copy. Thank you so much.

Fantastica

Star Member
Sep 18, 2019

Thank you
Each of you can have a profile as principal applicant and make the other accompanying dependent. What is wrong is an individual having 2 active profiles as primary applicant.

Reactions: DRbaker

DRbaker

Sep 24, 2020
Each of you can have a profile as principal applicant and make the other accompanying dependent. What is wrong is an individual having 2 active profiles as primary applicant.
Really? Wow I didn't know that. So basically, since my partner is the main applicant and he added me as common law I can as well open my own my application as the main/principal applicant and add him as my common law.