+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Door to Door Movers - Saudi Arabia to Canada

beemir

Star Member
Apr 26, 2015
Hi, looking for info on agents that you guys have used previously and have had a good experience with moving from Saudi Arabia to any part of Canada. I am currently interested in Riyadh to Ontario via air cargo. I would prefer door to door service.

Any information you have of moving agencies that handle this kind of work would be appreciated.

Thank you in advance.

Wiggy

Dec 16, 2020
Air cargo? unless you have very little possessions that will be ridiculously expensive.

beemir

Star Member
Apr 26, 2015
It's pretty much the standard here. If you're moving a whole house of stuff like appliances and furniture and all that, then yes of course a container load by sea is the way to go. However, if you're just packing a bunch of boxes with clothes and other personal items, air freight is the way to go. That is what I have been told. Let's see how it goes.

Wiggy

Dec 16, 2020
It's pretty much the standard here. If you're moving a whole house of stuff like appliances and furniture and all that, then yes of course a container load by sea is the way to go. However, if you're just packing a bunch of boxes with clothes and other personal items, air freight is the way to go. That is what I have been told. Let's see how it goes.
ok fair enough. I shipped a 40' container of furniture etc. from UK to Toronto and it cost about $12k CDN and took over 2 months because of the present issues with ships sailing

beemir

Star Member
Apr 26, 2015
Just an update, I was not able to find door to door movers unfortunately. It wasn't even pricing that was the issue, nobody was offering it. They said pre-pandemic it would have been fine etc. Anyhow, I was able to get air cargo to the YYZ-Pearson International Airport in Mississauga. After months of delays the cargo is finally on its way. Now I have to make arrangements for transporting my boxes from the airport to my place. Unfortunately Uhaul is not an option as I still will only be one guy, and my wife won't be able to help at all so I need some kind of movers to help. I'm currently scouring the forum for this kind of info.

Reactions: Aham.F

steaky

VIP Member
Nov 11, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Just an update, I was not able to find door to door movers unfortunately. It wasn't even pricing that was the issue, nobody was offering it. They said pre-pandemic it would have been fine etc. Anyhow, I was able to get air cargo to the YYZ-Pearson International Airport in Mississauga. After months of delays the cargo is finally on its way. Now I have to make arrangements for transporting my boxes from the airport to my place. Unfortunately Uhaul is not an option as I still will only be one guy, and my wife won't be able to help at all so I need some kind of movers to help. I'm currently scouring the forum for this kind of info.
With a Uhaul truck, couldn't you book an Ubox on a trailer to transport your boxes from the airport to your place? From what I saw in my locality, 10-15 boxes should be no problem.

beemir

Star Member
Apr 26, 2015
These boxes are heavy and I'd say medium-to-large sized, lets say 55x55x55cm on average. They weigh 30 kg on average too, so I can't do it alone, there's no way. And then these boxes have to go up a whole flight of stairs before they even enter my current place of residence which is the real issue.

I could manage with someone else, but right now none of my friends or colleagues are available for something like that. I could rent two guys with a Uhaul truck but those prices add up real quick. Ideally 2 guys with a truck who would be willing to go from the airport to North York is what I am shopping around for.

Plus, I am also searching the forums for info on those who have cleared customs and transported their cargo themselves. Apparently once you're done with customs, they tell which cargo depot to go to, but I am not sure how close or how far that is from the airport customs offices.

Aham.F

Star Member
Dec 7, 2018
Riyadh, KSA
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
12-05-2020
Med's Done....
16-07-2020
Passport Req..
17-05-2022
LANDED..........
10-07-2022
Hey. I am currently in the process of looking for movers from Riyadh to Ontario (Hamilton). Could you please share some more details regarding the air cargo, like time taken, cost, customs issue etc. Its really overwhelming and your help will be really appreciated.
TIA.

PankyDonalds

Aug 9, 2022
Hi everyone! I didn't think some companies helped with removing for such long distances. I can recommend local removal services, which I have applied to several times since I often move. But I think it won't be easy to find a company that will move to such a long distance if possible. Do you want to transport furniture and similar things with you? I ever wonder if you managed to find what it is. In any case, I wish you good luck and hope you succeed.

Reactions: StanMoller

steaky

VIP Member
Nov 11, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi everyone! I didn't think some companies helped with removing for such long distances. I can recommend local removal services, which I have applied to several times since I often move. But I think it won't be easy to find a company that will move to such a long distance if possible. Do you want to transport furniture and similar things with you? I ever wonder if you managed to find what it is. In any case, I wish you good luck and hope you succeed.
But in the other post, you said you moved to Canada from Ukraine. This is a long distance move in my book.