Don't worry there are jobs in Canada but you need to try hard to find them

fariza

Champion Member
Apr 7, 2010
Australia
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Thanks Zulkfal for shedding the light right on spot... Encouraging and practical advise and directives for the landed immigrants to start with...Strong mindset and strategic approaches (upgrading with Can edu/exp) towards job grabbing is the ultimate means of being success...no doubt. + 1 for you

peanuts

Sep 11, 2010
Visa Office......
Manila
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
november 2009 to NS, may 2010 to VO
Doc's Request.
february 2010
AOR Received.
february 16, 2010; may 26, 2010
IELTS Request
copy submitted to CIO with initial app
File Transfer...
february 2010
Med's Request
august 2010
Med's Done....
august 18-19, 2010- med done: august 23- sent
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
september 22-received; october 1-sent; october 27- DM
VISA ISSUED...
visa received nov 11, 2010
LANDED..........
June 02, 2011 thank you God...
very well said! hats off to you zulkfal! ;D

fireworks

Feb 2, 2011
Gujarat
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
08-02-2010
Doc's Request.
18-03-2010
AOR Received.
30-04-2010
File Transfer...
30-03-2010
Med's Request
04-07-2011
Med's Done....
18-07-2011
Interview........
09-06-2011 Int Result: More Docs Request
Passport Req..
04-07-2011
VISA ISSUED...
22-09-2011
zulkfal said:
I read a lot about the job issued for immigrants in Canada especially getting the types of job they left back home or in a different country. I have seen lots of people doing surviving jobs or awkward jobs but there are chances for success,

1. Never give up :)

2. Modify your resume with Canadian style resume, normally people in employment centers or canadian government run help centers make your resume worst. So be careful because they don't know your profession well. I have seen lots of example (I help my friends to modify resumes, learned it from U Waterloo consulting club esp finance, business professionals. If you need help contact me at zulkfal @ gmail.com but remember I may take some time 2-3 weeks to reply )

3. Upgrade your skills take courses in Canada, there are lots of certificate courses offered in Uniz, I don't prefer community colleges as they can't replace uni. Use provincial and other education fundings or grants in best way. So, choose uni for certificates which are normally for eight months. (I have MA from Waterloo, MSc from LSE, BSc from Queen Mary, 18 months exp in global advisory firm. Lots of interview but due to not having Canadian financial experience trying. I recently applied to York for Certificate in Accounting to go for CA, so try, improve your self and skill set)

4. Use linkedin as much as you can. Networking is important very important

5. Work in low paying jobs but don't spend whole time on that, spend 2 hours a day to search for good jobs and 4 on weekend days, never apply on weekend always b/w Monday-Friday as normally lots of candidates apply on weekend and firms skim through weekend apps or some time they go to low in recruiters inbox.

I have seen lots of people who are working in good jobs, but they upgraded their skills started from low level jobs (not very low but have seen VP's starting as Analyst) but rapidly promoted to better positions some time as little as in six months.

Any question esp finance related profession am happy to answer. Good luck
Dear Zulkfal,
+1 for your informative post.
I have applied under NOC 0111 (Finance Manager) and have relevant experience of about 2 years in it and now I am a proprietor running a web development firm. But here too I am performing all my finance duties as well as I design websites.
Now do you have any idea which courses would be better to take in Canada for up gradation in finance?
Thanks.