+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Dont want to claim points for sibling, FSW. What to do?

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
As long as you still give your brother's information during the application process you are fine. It is up to you if you want to claim the points. If you say you don't have any siblings that will be misrepresentation.

bobgop

Oct 30, 2017
To those who have this concern, I just put in the LOE that I have sufficient points by myself without claiming any sibling points so I choose not to claim those additional points. It worked out fine, no issues were raised!

hammadkhanz

Jul 2, 2017
hi i am in the same boat here
i just want know if i don't want to claim points
can i say yes in the option and then attach the LOE that i am unable arrange the supporting documents so i am not claiming any points
please help me in this matter.
thank you

Mslz

Aug 7, 2018
To those who have this concern, I just put in the LOE that I have sufficient points by myself without claiming any sibling points so I choose not to claim those additional points. It worked out fine, no issues were raised!
Hi
Did you get your PR?
Am in the same situation
Thanks

Mslz

Aug 7, 2018
Hi
Did you get your PR? Am in the same situation
Thanks

Nitin jain

Apr 21, 2019
Hi Everybody,
My sibling is a Canadian Citizen and we have bitter relations (dispute), due to which I have not shown him in the profile created in federal pool. Now I want to understand that would there be any repercussions of not showing him (My wife is the primary applicant). If you suggest that it is required to show, I won't be able to produce his documents, in that case my profile will be rejected by the investigating officer. I thought of disclosing this fact in the letter of explanation/ cover letter as I have not claimed his points otherwise they will be added automatically. Peers kindly suggest.
Thanks in advance.

favor@2019

Apr 25, 2019
Hello, respected seniors in the house. I need urgent response. My sibling is a Canadian Citizen and we don't get along in anyway humanely possible, because of this I did not declare him in my profile and he did same before he became Canadian Citizen by not declaring me as sibling too, but went ahead to declare my other siblings. Now I want to understand would there be a misrepresentation for not declaring him in our EE profile as we have received ITA in the last draw without claiming sibling points. (My wife is the primary applicant) and I am non-accompanying spouse for now owing to a big project I am handling. Family of 4. All other documents are ready for submission and wait for upfront medical.

eshin

Dec 21, 2013
Yes. I have my visa ready.
Thank for the clarification..I do not have the address of my sibling if I am going to fill the address of my sibling. Please kindly put me through should I still click on 'NO' to sibling in canada? I really do not wish to claim point for it.

eshin

Dec 21, 2013
Did you click 'NO' or you clicked YES and then explain in LOE? kindly reply

eshin

Dec 21, 2013
Hi Everybody,
My sibling is a Canadian Citizen and we have bitter relations (dispute), due to which I have not shown him in the profile created in federal pool. Now I want to understand that would there be any repercussions of not showing him (My wife is the primary applicant). If you suggest that it is required to show, I won't be able to produce his documents, in that case my profile will be rejected by the investigating officer. I thought of disclosing this fact in the letter of explanation/ cover letter as I have not claimed his points otherwise they will be added automatically. Peers kindly suggest.
Thanks in advance.
I am also in the same shoe? kindly put me through.did you click YES or NO? or you put it in your LOE?

lampbreaker

Champion Member
Apr 7, 2015
You should answer the question truthfullly. (Yes) and then in place of proof of relationship, upload a letter of explanation. If you qualify for the ITA without those points, then they will still approve your application.

hisham1406

Star Member
Apr 7, 2019
Hi,

I am in a similar situation but instead of a sibling, I have an uncle there.

Should I say yes or can I just no?

Thanks

dotslash227

Champion Member
Apr 28, 2019
Hello, respected seniors in the house. I need urgent response. My sibling is a Canadian Citizen and we don't get along in anyway humanely possible, because of this I did not declare him in my profile and he did same before he became Canadian Citizen by not declaring me as sibling too, but went ahead to declare my other siblings. Now I want to understand would there be a misrepresentation for not declaring him in our EE profile as we have received ITA in the last draw without claiming sibling points. (My wife is the primary applicant) and I am non-accompanying spouse for now owing to a big project I am handling. Family of 4. All other documents are ready for submission and wait for upfront medical.
As explained in other posts, choose No and mention it in your LOE that you have a sibling who is a Canadian citizen, but estranged and do not want to claim points for him. It should be fine