+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Dont want to claim points for sibling, FSW. What to do?

bobgop

Oct 30, 2017
I have enough points to get ITA without claiming points for sibling with PR While filling out the forms, I put "YES" for having a relative in Canada However, I dont want to claim points Any experiences with this?

agvalen1810

Star Member
Feb 22, 2017
Category........
CEC
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
17-05-2017
I think once you say yes they will ask you for supporting documents. When I applied they were not giving extra points for siblings in Canada yet and they still asked me for supporting documents for my brother.

Raz0r

Jul 9, 2017
I have enough points to get ITA without claiming points for sibling with PR While filling out the forms, I put "YES" for having a relative in Canada However, I dont want to claim points Any experiences with this?
Can I ask as to why you do not want to claim the points?? Is it difficult for you to establish the relationship with your sibling??

bobgop

Oct 30, 2017
Can I ask as to why you do not want to claim the points?? Is it difficult for you to establish the relationship with your sibling??
Yes, it's too cumbersome. Should I say NO in the questionnaire because I don't plan on claiming the points for siblings?

bobgop

Oct 30, 2017
I think once you say yes they will ask you for supporting documents. When I applied they were not giving extra points for siblings in Canada yet and they still asked me for supporting documents for my brother.
Should I say NO if I don't plan on claiming points?

agvalen1810

Star Member
Feb 22, 2017
Category........
CEC
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
17-05-2017
Should I say NO if I don't plan on claiming points?
I don't know, maybe if you say NO it cold be considered misrepresentation?? Let's see what other people say.

agvalen1810

Star Member
Feb 22, 2017
Category........
CEC
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
17-05-2017
I think you should say yes. Once you get ITA manually calculate your CRS to see if without those 15 points you still meet the cut off score and if you do just send a LOE saying that you are not claiming points for sibling.

bobgop

Oct 30, 2017
I think you should say yes. Once you get ITA manually calculate your CRS to see if without those 15 points you still meet the cut off score and if you do just send a LOE saying that you are not claiming points for sibling.
Thanks for this information. Has anyone done this successfully?

farazafzal

Aug 20, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Say "NO" for a relative and you don't have to supply any docs. This is not counted as misrepresentation. In the LOE explain that you are not claiming any points for your relative. In the end if the relative is sibling you will be mentioning there address and everything in your family form.

Good luck

bobgop

Oct 30, 2017
Please has this worked for anyone cause I'm in the same situation
I think putting "NO" is fine. On the CIC website, when they added additional points for siblings, they asked people to update their profiles if they want to claim points for sibling and they have not reported existence of siblings in their profile beforehand. This suggests that not reporting sibling is not considered misreporting and it is okay if you do not want to claim any points, similar to spouse work experience.