+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Don't travel to Canada unless you have to

VivianLau

Jul 8, 2011
For those who need a visa to Canada and are thinking about a trip to Canada for leisure, I suggest you to give that up and think about somewhere else, unless you can walk in to apply. Otherwise, you will most probably miss your trip, waste your money in application fee and booking your trip, waste your time to apply and plan and fighting to know what is going on with your case but get no reply, and at last, the only thing you want is to get your passport back and don't care about your visa.
That's exactly what I am in right now. I have been waiting 47 days for my visa. And I already gave up my travel plan. But in order to travel to somewhere else instead, I need my family's passports back.
Those people in the consulate are horribly unresponsive. Even though my case goes way beyond average processing time, they don't reply my emails at all. It is a shame to Canada to have staffs in their consulate that function in this way.

xyzvisa

Jun 21, 2011
I have the same problem. its been almost 2.5 months since ive applied for my study permit and im having the same issue as you. I dont think I ll get to go even when my semester starts

silly_chantell

Star Member
Aug 11, 2011
Toronto
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
Pre-Assessed..
Yes
App. Filed.......
7 Jul 17
Nomination.....
02 Aug 17
AOR Received.
26 Oct 17
Med's Done....
18 Sep 2017
Passport Req..
15 Dec 2017
VISA ISSUED...
18 Jan 2018
LANDED..........
23 Jan 2018
maybe you guys applied for the visa too close to your travel dates? next time you plan a trip (not necessarily canada) you will take that into consideration ;)

duser

Sep 7, 2011
I applied for a tourist visa and I am so impressive regarding the fast response.
In mexico we did not need a visa in the past to travel to canada, but now we need it.

I sent all the paperwork Friday ( to mexico city via fedex) almost 6.00 PM and get the visas and all my documentation back Thursday 1.00 PM... less than a week.

I was worried regarding the visa time response because by that time I already booked my vacations .
My vacations will occurr in about 40 days.... but now i got everything for my travel.

stole

Nov 10, 2011
which office did you send your application?

duser said:
I applied for a tourist visa and I am so impressive regarding the fast response.
In mexico we did not need a visa in the past to travel to canada, but now we need it.

I sent all the paperwork Friday ( to mexico city via fedex) almost 6.00 PM and get the visas and all my documentation back Thursday 1.00 PM... less than a week.

I was worried regarding the visa time response because by that time I already booked my vacations .
My vacations will occurr in about 40 days.... but now i got everything for my travel.

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
stole said:
which office did you send your application?
See the details in his post: Mexico City.