+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Don't know how and what to do??? PLzz help

Naaz

May 30, 2009
Hi all, i am Naaz and i am a new Permanent Resident in Canada, came to Canada in 1st week of April. I have come with my family. I have started working now. And my boyfriend/fiance lives in UK ( where we both were for last one and a half year, as we were studying on student visa). I graduated and came here to join my family and he is still there on Post Study work visa till Nov 2011. E WANT TO GET MARRIED NOW BY THE END OF THIS YEAR!!! So then he can also come to Canada and i will apply for him. I have understood that we should apply from outside Canada for him as it is quicker. BUT the biggest question is first of all where should we get married??? Originally we both are from India. I guess the only place we can get married is India.... can someone plzz plzz confirm me abt this..... Also then after marriage he is going to go back to UK and i am going to come back to Canada... So the main QUESTION IS "CAN WE APPLY FROM UK FOR OUR CASE WHEN I SPONSOR HIM IN FAMILY CLASS, OR WE WILL HAVE TO APPLY FROM INDIA??? ALSO if we have a choice, which is better and quicker" If someone can plzz answer my this question i will be very thankful as we are really confused as per what to do???
Thank you!!

Leon

VIP Member
Jun 13, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
You can apply in the UK. You indicate on your application if you want it processed where he currently lives or in his country of nationality. If you pick India and they request an interview, he will have to go there.

The time it takes, first approximately a month to approve you as a sponsor and then as seen here: http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/times/international/05-fc-spouses.asp so you see the average for London and New Delhi is in both cases 4 months.

You should start now to collect data on your relationship so you can send it as proof when you file your application.

jaundice_p

Jul 30, 2008
Hey Naaz,
Firstly, u can get married anywhere where you want as long as Canada recognizes that country marriage certificate.....so can marry in India, Uk, Jamaica, Mexico, Canada or the US etc depending on if both of you can get a visa to the place.
Secondly, there's nothing as applying outside the Uk or appplyin inside India...base on what you've said, you can only do an outland application since both of you are not staying in Canada.
Plz I will advice you to go the CIC website and do a thorough reading on how to fill the forms and where to sent it to.

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/applications/guides/5289ETOC.asp

Third, if he had stayed for over a year or had a year on his visa when he was admitted into the Uk, then U can request that your application be process forwarded to the CIC Uk office after the first approval stage, or the file will be forwarded to CIC india. however, it take about 8-12 months for the file to be complete in Uk and7-12 for India.
I hope this help.