+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Don't have a passport/bio pages that cover previous 4 years

bob152002

Dec 24, 2013
hi all,

I was wondering if anyone had run into the issue of not having a passport and bio pages that covered the previous 4 years before application.
I have some old passports, but the last one expired in 2011 (I applied this year).

What were the next steps?

Thanks

what

Dec 21, 2013
bob152002 said:
hi all,

I was wondering if anyone had run into the issue of not having a passport and bio pages that covered the previous 4 years before application.
I have some old passports, but the last one expired in 2011 (I applied this year).

Thanks
bob152002 said:
hi all,

Thanks
You should show the Passport you used to enter for the first time to Canada, the one that has the Canadian visa on it and any other passport which has been issued after that one. Even if the passport has expired you still have to show them.

So if you do not have a valid passport before your application, that means a proof that you did not travel.
I hope that I was of help to you.

Saloo

Star Member
Aug 18, 2013
what said:
You should show the Passport you used to enter for the first time to Canada, the one that has the Canadian visa on it and any other passport which has been issued after that one. Even if the passport has expired you still have to show them.

So if you do not have a valid passport before your application, that means a proof that you did not travel.
I hope that I was of help to you.
I hope the thing as easy as you said about the proof that he didn't travel , cic will assume that he have anther passport and he don't want to show them
and they will be sceptical about his case, also his application will be return unless he send a letter along the application explaining that he didn't renew his passport sine 2011 other wise they will return his application to him as incomplete.

bob152002

Dec 24, 2013
Hi all,

So I called the immigration offices, and the nice lady said that all I needed to do was send a letter explaining why I don't have the pages requested.
In this case, that means stating that I didn't renew my passport.

That's it.

Going to send the letter off today. Hope there aren't any issues after.

Thanks for the feedback