File Transfer...
Med's Done....
28.02.11/19.03.12
Interview........
Passport Req..
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
Aug 1, 2012 :)
That was my next suggestion....as aerogirl asked...

Has your husband ordered GMCS notes or made a case specific inquiry? You should be able to find out a lot more from the notes than even the MP can find out.

ELOH

Star Member
Aug 16, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
buffalo/Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
09-09-2011
Doc's Request.
none
AOR Received.
03/12/2012
File Transfer...
07/07/12 but no VO as of 08/22/12
Med's Done....
08/25/2011
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
01/28/2013
Thank you everyone for the encouragement and suggestion to order notes. I plan to have him do that tomorrow. That might give me an idea of what's going on but I guess I'm just at the point like many of you where I want to speed it up, not just know what's going on. Will notes tell me if I'm close to the end? Because I thought I was near the end in March of last year.

ELOH

Star Member
Aug 16, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
buffalo/Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
09-09-2011
Doc's Request.
none
AOR Received.
03/12/2012
File Transfer...
Med's Done....
08/25/2011
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
01/28/2013
R151NG5UN said:
You can certainly look in to legal proceedings. However given that the VO is Ottawa I am not sure exactly how you would stand with that specific VO. They are now posting 12 months, has your file been in 2nd stage over 12 months? At that point you can consult a lawyer and ask about mandamus. From what I hear, it is basically a draconian method to ensure they get their butts in to gear and process your application before they are hauled up in front of a judge.

However this said, I am unsure because it is Ottawa, any other VO who has posted processing times then it would be clearer but Ottawa is a merky situation.
Yes, my husband was approved as sponsor late December of 2011 and they told him they were starting to process my application then. So, it has been almost a year in the processing of MY application. Should that make a difference?

ELOH

Star Member
Aug 16, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
buffalo/Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
09-09-2011
Doc's Request.
none
AOR Received.
03/12/2012
File Transfer...
Med's Done....
08/25/2011
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
01/28/2013
mameelynn said:
I see that you are going through Buffalo originally. If that is because the sponsor is Canadian and your spouse is American you can legally visit in each other's countries for up to 6 months at a time. I know it might not be ideal but what if they were to have a long visit and if their PR happened to come while you were visiting then all the better!
This is actually one of the things we are now considering though it wouldn't be for six months. I could only afford to go for maybe two months in the spring, hoping that we would hear something in those two months. THank you.

ELOH

Star Member
Aug 16, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
buffalo/Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
09-09-2011
Doc's Request.
none
AOR Received.
03/12/2012
File Transfer...
Med's Done....
08/25/2011
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
01/28/2013
dair2dv8103100 said:
I appreciate and understand so well this situation. For us it was 18 months apart and 6400 km away! Knew him for 2 years before marrying...and now married almost 2 years but only actually together 4 months. Also, I am 38 and we want a child. We also had no option for visiting...no word from immigration for months at a time. It really feels like you are spinning your tires. I hear you loud and clear.

You keep mentioning your age...but what will you do if you end it? You will then have to go out and start all over again! Or maybe you are thinking to stay single...I don't know. In the end you have to do what is best for you. I truly wish you the best but as another poster said....we need a lot of patience to endure this process.

Have you contacted CIC to find out if transferred files are getting preferred treatment? It baffles my mind that they would make you go the the "bottom" of the list so to speak just because the their change. Has your husband contacted an MP to assess the situation? I know my MP was able to find out somethings that I could not otherwise.
Thank you for your understanding. It sounds like you get it. And, ha, no, neither one of us wants to do this again or start over. We love each other very much and would stay single if we chose to end it, which he will not allow, even when I get discouraged. He is good like that. He has contacted his MP twice and there isn't much they can do. They don't really get involved. All they did was find out that our file was indeed transferred.

ELOH

Star Member
Aug 16, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
buffalo/Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
09-09-2011
Doc's Request.
none
AOR Received.
03/12/2012
File Transfer...
Med's Done....
08/25/2011
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
01/28/2013
tinytortoise said:
Why does it cost so much to visit from the US?! I'm American and live 1,600 miles from my husband and it averages $800 or less a visit for a flight and parking cost.

I really hope you hang in there, you married him because you love him and it's hard to be apart (we all know this) but in the end doesn't it make the reward (being with him forever) that much sweeter? Wishing you all the best.
Yes, sweeter to be with him. Of course. Thank you. The cost is always flight plus time off work and then anything we do while we are there. Unfortunately, it all adds up.

Kayvanblue

Star Member
Nov 19, 2012
Toronto
Visa Office......
Sydney, Canada
App. Filed.......
12-11-2017
Passport Req..
N/A
VISA ISSUED...
N/A-
If you hear my wife's story you will cry her a river..we stupidly did not marry earlier,thinking that her reugee case will win and her parents will be in our cermony .i am a canadian citizen but my wife has been a political refugee in past 5 years...she is only 24 yrs old...her life has been up side down since her 19th bday..she has been through 2 hearings and 1 appeal..and now the sponsorship.. She was a A+ student in tehran s university before her impRisonment in iran but now she can't afford the school... Having a pr card means alot to her..a plastic pr card can send her to school as a dOmestic student ....the same plastic card can help her travel to a safe Nighbouring country close to iran so she can see her mom again...she is my little Warrior with a big heart full of hope..so please be Optimistic ...be thankful that you have this chance to see your loved ones from time to time....

amaranth

Oct 31, 2009
Toronto & Buffalo
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
AOR Received.
File Transfer...
Med's Done....
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
ELOH said:
Thank you for your understanding. It sounds like you get it. And, ha, no, neither one of us wants to do this again or start over. We love each other very much and would stay single if we chose to end it, which he will not allow, even when I get discouraged. He is good like that. He has contacted his MP twice and there isn't much they can do. They don't really get involved. All they did was find out that our file was indeed transferred.
You could try contacting MPs outside your riding. It may not work, but occasionally other MPs are more receptive to helping in these situations. I've seen it mentioned here a few times that people have tried this and gotten results. Certainly no guarantees, but might be worth a try?

Pigey

Star Member
Nov 7, 2011
Alberta, Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
Case Processing Centre Ottowa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
24-05-2012
AOR Received.
16-07-2012
File Transfer...
23-07-2012
Med's Done....
23-02-2012
Interview........
Waived! WOOT!
Passport Req..
28-12-2012
VISA ISSUED...
08-01-2013
LANDED..........
19-01-2013
ELOH said:
This is actually one of the things we are now considering though it wouldn't be for six months. I could only afford to go for maybe two months in the spring, hoping that we would hear something in those two months. THank you.
I think that we all really feel for you. I gave up a job a loved and a great salary to come to Canada to be with my husband. It isn't an option for everyone, we have to sacrifice a lot and frankly, we want to buy a house start a family etc. Not easy to do on one salary.

I don't know if it's an option for you guys, but my husband and I used to meet in Las Vegas frequently before I moved up here. It was less expensive for us to meet there than for one of us to fly to the other one (San Francisco/Calgary).

Keep the faith, you can't be far off now!

A

achander

Kayvanblue said:
If you hear my wife's story you will cry her a river..we stupidly did not marry earlier,thinking that her reugee case will win and her parents will be in our cermony .i am a canadian citizen but my wife has been a political refugee in past 5 years...she is only 24 yrs old...her life has been up side down since her 19th bday..she has been through 2 hearings and 1 appeal..and now the sponsorship.. She was a A+ student in tehran s university before her impRisonment in iran but now she can't afford the school... Having a pr card means alot to her..a plastic pr card can send her to school as a dOmestic student ....the same plastic card can help her travel to a safe Nighbouring country close to iran so she can see her mom again...she is my little Warrior with a big heart full of hope..so please be Optimistic ...be thankful that you have this chance to see your loved ones from time to time....
RESPECT!! ;D

Shiny88

Champion Member
Mar 26, 2011
Ontario
Category........
Visa Office......
Singapore (sponsor)
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
02/2011
AOR Received.
03/2011
Med's Request
12/2012
Med's Done....
01/2011
Interview........
request:10/2011, date:12/2012 (Ecas:In Process 13dec.)
Passport Req..
03-2013
VISA ISSUED...
05-2013
LANDED..........
3-6-2013 Finally! all the best everyone
ELOH said:
I am out of options. With 2000 miles between us, my husband and I cannot continue to live this limbo waiting for cic to get their act together. It has been almost 16 months.

Either I move there illegally or end my marriage. Thanks for the options, CIC.
I know exactly how you are feeling i even thaught of ending my marriage many times cuz i couldnt take the distance. 2yrs since i applied still not done with the process and have been married for 3 yrs,which means 3yrs apart.I cry a lot, have anger issues because of the waiting,too many useless fight, i am very depressed but when i think how much i love him n cant think of living withhout him i try to hold on. Its very very hard.I feel you. :-X as so many of other ppl said order gcms notes and see if theres any bring forward date.goodluck

ELOH

Star Member
Aug 16, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
buffalo/Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
09-09-2011
Doc's Request.
none
AOR Received.
03/12/2012
File Transfer...
Med's Done....
08/25/2011
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
01/28/2013
Pigey said:
I think that we all really feel for you. I gave up a job a loved and a great salary to come to Canada to be with my husband. It isn't an option for everyone, we have to sacrifice a lot and frankly, we want to buy a house start a family etc. Not easy to do on one salary.

I don't know if it's an option for you guys, but my husband and I used to meet in Las Vegas frequently before I moved up here. It was less expensive for us to meet there than for one of us to fly to the other one (San Francisco/Calgary).

Keep the faith, you can't be far off now!
Thank you.
We are trying everything. So suggestions are welcome.

saint4peace

Star Member
Jul 11, 2012
Taiwan
Category........
Visa Office......
Hong Kong
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
June 22, 2012
AOR Received.
July 14, 2012
File Transfer...
August 29, 2012
Passport Req..
November 20, 2013
VISA ISSUED...
December 30, 2013
LANDED..........
February 12, 2014
ELOH said:
Thank you.
We are trying everything. So suggestions are welcome.

ELOH: I completely understand your situation. I encourage you to be stronger. Hope things will be together again soon.