+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Don’t use WES for ECA

Auscan18

Mar 31, 2018
Hi,

Long time reader and first time poster.

Post is long, but in short - WES gave incorrect assessment, go with someone else.

Just want to give a warning not to use WES for your ECA.

My partner and I are applying for Express entry. As he is the main applicant we were just going to do his ECA.

Last year he applied for his ECA through ICAS. It took some time but his results came back correct - 4 year bachelor and 1 year Diploma.

We then decided for the extra points we’d get my ECA. As ICAS took a bit of time with his we noticed WES claimed a 20 day turn around.

So I applied for my ECA through WES.

I followed all the requirements, and just had my 1 year Diploma to get assessed. The exact same diploma as my partner, from the same institutions, studying the same thing for the same amount of time. Which was assessed by ICAS as a 1 year Diploma.

I waited for my WES results, which took more than 20 business days after they received it, but I was more annoyed with the results. It came back as “College Certificate (one semester)” which cannot he used at all.

I contacted them (which itself is difficult as there is no phone number or email address, you have to fill out a web form). No response and after a few follow ups they finally responded saying they won’t re assess and have assessed it correctly, but they also state that their assessment is just their opinion.

I’m now lodging my Diploma through ICAS to get a proper assessment.

After reading through a few threads here it seems WES assess documents incorrectly all the time.

Please don’t waste your time and money with WES.

BEA78

Star Member
Aug 9, 2016
Mexico City
Category........
FSW
Pre-Assessed..
Yes
My husband has 2 masters from a top 5 US university (dual degree, but he has 2 separate diplomas, it was 2 years full time) and it was evaluated by WES as only one master's degree. But since he wouldn't get any extra points we didn't inquire further.