+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Dominican TRV - Need Help

Foxtrot Gold

Dec 28, 2016
Hi everyone,

I had a few questions about the TRV process for a Dominican and was hoping anyone could shed some light on the subject. I am a Canadian citizen, living in Canada, and my girlfriend is a Dominican citizen living in the Dominican Republic. I try and go as often as I can every few months to see her but now I really do want to bring her up here for a visit, since she has never been outside the Dominican Republic and I am hoping this will give her a chance to really see what my life here is like. We are both really concerned about getting refused, since I have read a lot of forums and everyone saying that the chances for a TRV are very slim. I was hoping to provide some details and was hoping for some feedback on how to help our TRV application get approved. I am currently working, one full time job and one part time. I have my own apartment. She is also working in the DR, however I would be completely financing her trip as she does not make enough to finance the trip herself. I am going to be her representative for the application and will hopefully be applying online in the next few weeks. Since I will be financially supporting her and her visit to Canada, have the chances for getting approved been lowered? The two supporting documents that were requested online since I am financially supporting the visit are, Proof of Financial Resource of Supporter, and, Proof of Means of Financial Support. I am unsure exactly what these are and was hoping someone could explain how I can fulfil these two documents, do I just write a letter stating I am paying for her visit? Would they require my bank statements? And if so, is there a minimum amount of income I am supposed to have? Or a minimum amount I should have saved up in my bank account? I don't make much, about $3000 a month, and am concerned this would lower the chances of the TRV being approved.

Another issue I have read is that if I write the invitation letter and state that I am her boyfriend, the TRV could be refused because they may think she would not leave once she arrives. Should I state that I am only a friend? Would this help?

Would they require a job letter from her end, confirming her employment? I will include the flight ticket in the application with a return flight. I was hoping to have her here for 1 month, however would that be suspicious to the CIC official reviewing the application? Should I make the visit for 2 weeks instead? I do plan on her staying with me in my apartment and I will not be taking time off my jobs.

We are both really concerned that the application will be rejected and am really hoping for some answers to my questions and concerns and any tips anyone has as well. If it makes a difference, we have been together for one and a half years, and I have gone to the DR to visit her three times in that time period, with the most recent visit in October of this year.

On another side note, if the application is approved, how likely would it be that CBSA would issue a visitor record on her arrival to Canada?

Sorry for the long post, just wanted to provide as much information as possible and am hoping to hear from some of you, it will be highly appreciated

Thanks

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
Keep the visit to 2 weeks since she has never traveled outside of her home country. She she provide as much evidence as possible to show ties to her home country including proof of employment - as well as a letter from her employers confirming they are giving her leave to be away for a vacation and when she is returning to work. She should also provide proof of any property she may own or rent, and any other assets held (as well as bank accounts).

I think you might as well say that you are her boyfriend in the invitation letter since CIC will figure this out pretty easily given you are covering the costs of her visit.

I would not purchase a flight ticket until the TRV is approved - you can provide an itinerary instead. I think her chances of approval are unfortunately on the low end given her profile. Good luck - hopefully you'll get lucky and be approved.

Foxtrot Gold

Dec 28, 2016
If I were to send money to her bank account, and show that she has sufficient funds over the next few weeks to cover the trip herself, or show that she has money waiting for her back home, even though I would still be paying for the trip, would that help at all? Or would it just show that there have been some large deposits over the past few weeks, and they would just assume it was me and only specifically to help get the TRV approved?