+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Domestic violence

COFFI

Aug 27, 2021
Am from Benin republic then I got married to a Nigeria citizen, the we moved to Nigeria. Since we have got married, he have been biting me and he’s smoking a marijuana , actually he’s threatening me, and I have a little daughter. Am orphan, father no mother, no one who could help me. That why, I want to apply to asylum Canada visa to start up a new life and give the best to my daughter, but I couldn’t seen any like to apply. Can someone help me to get it, please?

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
Am from Benin republic then I got married to a Nigeria citizen, the we moved to Nigeria. Since we have got married, he have been biting me and he’s smoking a marijuana , actually he’s threatening me, and I have a little daughter. Am orphan, father no mother, no one who could help me. That why, I want to apply to asylum Canada visa to start up a new life and give the best to my daughter, but I couldn’t seen any like to apply. Can someone help me to get it, please?
If you want to apply for asylum to Canada, you would need to get an approved TRV (tourist visa) for Canada, then fly to Canada, and claim asylum once you arrive in Canada.

Unfortunately you cannot apply for asylum to Canada directly from Nigeria.

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Would add that you would need to prove that you have sought safety in other regions of Nigeria and/or Benin after separating from your spouse and provide proof that you fear for your life. You would need to provide proof of threats and harm and that you sought protection in Nigeria and/or Benin first. Do you not have extended family? Siblings? Aunts? Uncles? Cousins? As specified you would need to qualify for a TRV to get to Canada before filing to have an asylum hearing in Canada.

COFFI

Aug 27, 2021
Would add that you would need to prove that you have sought safety in other regions of Nigeria and/or Benin after separating from your spouse and provide proof that you fear for your life. You would need to provide proof of threats and harm and that you sought protection in Nigeria and/or Benin first. Do you not have extended family? Siblings? Aunts? Uncles? Cousins? As specified you would need to qualify for a TRV to get to Canada before filing to have an asylum hearing in Canada.
I contact one organization but they said they couldn’t help get a jobs or feeding my daughter and I that’s only a allocation for 1month, after then I will leave. I have the proof of his threatening, a lot. No don’t have anybody in Canada, in fact anywhere who could help me because, my father brother took over my father properties after he died. I just have then 11old years so couldn’t do anything and here in Africa, in matter of property it’s witchcraft who’s involved. So I don’t have anybody no where... I just want a peaceful life to my daughter and I.

COFFI

Aug 27, 2021
If you want to apply for asylum to Canada, you would need to get an approved TRV (tourist visa) for Canada, then fly to Canada, and claim asylum once you arrive in Canada.

Unfortunately you cannot apply for asylum to Canada directly from Nigeria.
Alright, thanks

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
I contact one organization but they said they couldn’t help get a jobs or feeding my daughter and I that’s only a allocation for 1month, after then I will leave. I have the proof of his threatening, a lot. No don’t have anybody in Canada, in fact anywhere who could help me because, my father brother took over my father properties after he died. I just have then 11old years so couldn’t do anything and here in Africa, in matter of property it’s witchcraft who’s involved. So I don’t have anybody no where... I just want a peaceful life to my daughter and I.
Sorry for the confusion. When you said you had nobody who can help you in Nigeria or Benin it does sound like you do have family. When proving that you have sought to get away from the abuse things like going to a shelter or going to stay with your family temporarily until you can get a job would be something that would be considered. If you don’t have the resources to find a new place to live it is extremely unlikely that you’ll be granted a TRV tovisit Canada. In order to be approved you would need to show strong ties to your home country like a job, home,spouse or dependent family members, extra finances to justify the high cost of visiting Canada, proof of other international travel to US, UK, France, etc. You would also need a reason to travel to Canada if you haven’t done much travelling. It’s unclear whether your husband is your child’s father but the child’s father would also need to give permission for her to travel unless you have full custody. Unfortunately I think you are under the false impression that asylum can be applied for from outside Canada easily.

steaky

VIP Member
Nov 11, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Sorry for the confusion. When you said you had nobody who can help you in Nigeria or Benin it does sound like you do have family. When proving that you have sought to get away from the abuse things like going to a shelter or going to stay with your family temporarily until you can get a job would be something that would be considered. If you don’t have the resources to find a new place to live it is extremely unlikely that you’ll be granted a TRV tovisit Canada. In order to be approved you would need to show strong ties to your home country like a job, home,spouse or dependent family members, extra finances to justify the high cost of visiting Canada, proof of other international travel to US, UK, France, etc. You would also need a reason to travel to Canada if you haven’t done much travelling. It’s unclear whether your husband is your child’s father but the child’s father would also need to give permission for her to travel unless you have full custody. Unfortunately I think you are under the false impression that asylum can be applied for from outside Canada easily.
Of course he has a family. Her daughter.