+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Domestic flight undocumented with a valid passport

Kaalor

Oct 14, 2021
Greetings,

I read a few other threads here that talked about people that have overstayed their visas and were flying domestically with their valid passports without problem. What about someone who never appeared in the system as having entered? I am also interested to know if things have changed in the last two years?

I'll be honest. I crossed the Canadian border on foot because they are only allowing vaccinated individuals to come and I do not want to get vaccinated. In addition, my ETA has been in process for more than two months now despite providing all the documents they requested. I have no reason to work or stay in Canada for long, I intend to leave soon, I only wish to visit someone for personal reasons that cannot wait for the bureaucratic systems to move.
I have a valid European passport with a few European country stamps, a Moroccan and Mexico stamps and a big very visible USA entry denied stamp on the back page, no criminal record and speak fluent English.

I do not need a lecture on penalties and risks I am taking, only if you have any information if they check the name/ID against the immigration/eTA system when boarding a domestic flight within Canada. I will appreciate any useful current answers.

I also know the domestic flying vaccine mandate will be in place on October 31st.

k.h.p.

VIP Member
Mar 1, 2019
Canada
Wow.

They're going to ask for valid photo ID but it's not standard practice to verify immigration status when flying domestically. However, there may be random spot checks and if your name/passport is flagged anywhere in the computer system for other matters (criminal, etc.), though I don't believe that happens. Anything is possible.

armoured

VIP Member
Feb 1, 2015
In very short order, you won't be able to depart from an airport in Canada - including domestic flights and most trains - without being vaccinated.

It's possible the airlines will make requirements stricter, sooner.

Kaalor

Oct 14, 2021
I'll share my experience. I boarded the flight without problems in Vancouver although the woman at the check in counter did ask if I recently arrived in Canada to which I replied that it has been a few weeks. I believe they only asked me that because of any COVID quarantines and tests I might need, but nothing was necessary and that was it.

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
I'll share my experience. I boarded the flight without problems in Vancouver although the woman at the check in counter did ask if I recently arrived in Canada to which I replied that it has been a few weeks. I believe they only asked me that because of any COVID quarantines and tests I might need, but nothing was necessary and that was it.
The big issue is ever returning.