+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

DOING TWO JOBS SAME TIME

TORONTO6423

Oct 22, 2017
I am doing two jobs from last 3 years . Full time job i changed twice but my another part time is continue from last three years should i need to enter my part time job as well . My another jobs didn;t have any gap which i filled?

research-scientist

Star Member
Aug 18, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Enter every thing and be honest. Job stability ( working at a job for 3 years in your case) has a good impact on your application when you go to interview.

dunten

Oct 4, 2017
I thought people always say having a job is not a requirement to get your citizenship, so why would be the overly concern about someone changing jobs?
Yes but the most important requirement is to fully disclose your history. It's more important than the job in itself. If that makes sense... they really don't care about it... just have to match the records.

My PR app was returned because I had put only major income/duration jobs and address thinking it won't matter.

guddylover

Dec 31, 2016
Yes but the most important requirement is to fully disclose your history. It's more important than the job in itself. If that makes sense... they really don't care about it... just have to match the records.

My PR app was returned because I had put only major income/duration jobs and address thinking it won't matter.
I totally get what you are saying. It just contradict what CIC puts out, they claim getting your SIN card number is only for tax filing purposes. I mean they punish you sometime for telling the truth

guddylover

Dec 31, 2016

That's weird tho. I didn't have a single job and I got my PR with no issue

robw

Mar 10, 2014
I thought people always say having a job is not a requirement to get your citizenship, so why would be the overly concern about someone changing jobs?
Nobody really knows why some applications take longer to process than others. I've read about a guy who never left Canada once and held the same job for the entire 6 year eligibility period and he got hit with an RQ.

It may SEEM logical that someone who held 10 jobs during the eligibility period would require more processing time than someone who held 1 job but there is no evidence that this is the case. Again, we don't know how they process these files, what exactly they do with our work histories, and what red flags necessitate delays on your processing. We just don't know...anyone who claims otherwise is speaking out of turn.

Reactions: guddylover

devilhimselff

Champion Member
Jul 10, 2005
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
Yep...
Pen everything down, remember withholding anything knowingly amounts to misrepresentation and that is grounds for disqualification. They require your job history etc. as it is one of the factors to establish your residency requirement, and to make sure your were here. If you don't have a job they'll use other factors, kids schooling, number of travels or lack of it etc. etc. Offcourse no one really knows for sure except the officers dealing with the applications.

Filling taxes and having access to the CRA records is an another tool to establish that you were here. Also as per cic website, it shows that you are fulfilling your duties as a resident etc etc.