+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Doing my Biometrics in the US

traveler1990

May 9, 2020
Unfortunately, there is no VAC office in my country, I have recently received the letter to do my biometrics. I was wondering if I can do this in America as it says
You must
  • already be legally in the U.S. to go to an ASC
I have a visitors visa, so I can enter the US legally.

Or I will have to travel to another country that has a VAC office to do this.

willapp

Mar 20, 2020
Unfortunately, there is no VAC office in my country, I have recently received the letter to do my biometrics. I was wondering if I can do this in America as it says
You must

Don’t think you are allowed to enter unless you qualified for exemptions.

traveler1990

May 9, 2020
Google the current travel restrictions and see if you qualify for any exemptions.
Depends what country you are from and what visa you use.
Oh yes citizens from my country are good to enter the states now, flights are limited to 1-2 every two weeks but we can enter

willapp

Mar 20, 2020
Oh yes citizens from my country are good to enter the states now, flights are limited to 1-2 every two weeks but we can enter
ASC is for USCIS and another option is to go to the VAC in New York or LA.
Both options need you to make appointments in advance. There are very limited slots currently because they are open with limited services.

I don’t think there is anything wrong to give biometrics in a third country.

Reactions: traveler1990

BlindGoku

Jul 9, 2020
You must

Hello
Did you manage to go to the USA with visitors visa, and get your Biometerics done at an ASC?

traveler1990

May 9, 2020
I didn't want to take the risk of travelling to the US and getting denied at the port of entry so I went to another nearby country that has a VAC office to do.

mclavelmex

Feb 4, 2021
Hi! I have a huge question and I hope someone can help me with it. The only collection site in my country (Mexico) is still closed due to COVID, I called this morning and there is no date to re-open yet. I'm planning to travel soon to the US for family matters, can I give my biometrics there? either to a VAC or an ASC? I have a valid visitor visa too. Does anyone have done it that way?

Thanks in advance!!!

BlindGoku

Jul 9, 2020
Hi! I have a huge question and I hope someone can help me with it. The only collection site in my country (Mexico) is still closed due to COVID, I called this morning and there is no date to re-open yet. I'm planning to travel soon to the US for family matters, can I give my biometrics there? either to a VAC or an ASC? I have a valid visitor visa too. Does anyone have done it that way?

Thanks in advance!!!
It is possible, I did them in a ASC back in November. Got an appointment and went one day to the US just for that. Also hear that on some ASCs they were requesting a 2 week quarantine period.
Probably best to go to a VAC, or try to confirm no quarantine is needed before the ASC.
As I said, they didn't asked me for quarantine, but know some people who did.
Buena suerte!

Reactions: mclavelmex