+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Dog bite

Mar 21, 2024
Hello everyone, I want to know some rules about dog bite and it's effect on PR.
My friend live in Canadian person house. His dog bite him and the dog owner didn't bring him to hospital he manipulated him by saying it will be no problem. He brought some medicine and the wound was healing but now his hand is hurting a lot even he didn't get titanus vaccine too. Now my friend is telling his owner about compensation but he is not listening and telling he won't give and pushing him to get out from home. what to do for that how to complain him and does that cause any problems in future for his PR he is a victim now and student. I want suggestions please.

Copingwithlife

VIP Member
Jul 29, 2018
Earth
Hello everyone, I want to know some rules about dog bite and it's effect on PR.
My friend live in Canadian person house. His dog bite him and the dog owner didn't bring him to hospital he manipulated him by saying it will be no problem. He brought some medicine and the wound was healing but now his hand is hurting a lot even he didn't get titanus vaccine too. Now my friend is telling his owner about compensation but he is not listening and telling he won't give and pushing him to get out from home. what to do for that how to complain him and does that cause any problems in future for his PR he is a victim now and student. I want suggestions please.
A dog bite and whatever went on has zero connections to the PR

Kaibigan

Champion Member
Dec 27, 2020
...His dog bite him and the dog owner didn't bring him to hospital he manipulated him by saying it will be no problem.... Now my friend is telling his owner about compensation but he is not listening and telling he won't give and pushing him to get out from home. what to do for that how to complain him and does that cause any problems in future for his PR he is a victim now and student. I want suggestions please.
It seems you are saying that your friend wants "compensation" (cash) for a dog bite inflicted, apparently, by his landlord's dog. He may not have a good legal claim. In British Columbia, at least, there is no strict liability for animals. If the owner knew the dog at a propensity to bite, your friend might have a claim. For a recent BC case, see:

https://www.bccourts.ca/jdb-txt/sc/23/01/2023BCSC0143cor1.htm

Evans v. Anderson S.C., Morellato J., 2023 BCSC 143, Vancouver S184075, February 1, 2023 , 29pp..

As for the owner not taking your friend to hospital, is your friend a child or mentally disabled? If not, he would be free to disregard the "no problem" utterance and to seek medical attention, and the dog owner would have no obligation to provide ambulance service or medical advice.