+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Does WES consider MBA in Distance from Pondicherry University

deepthi5

Jan 22, 2016
Hi team,

This is regarding a query on my distance education i have completed my MBA from Pondicherry University in distance mode

This university is listed in the WES Site but my doubt is will they consider Distance mode and i have completed my MBA in 4 years (actually 2 years course )

Please do help me if some one knows

Thanks and Regards,
Deepthi

Stanlee

VIP Member
Jan 29, 2016
deepthi5 said:
Hi team,

This is regarding a query on my distance education i have completed my MBA from Pondicherry University in distance mode

This university is listed in the WES Site but my doubt is will they consider Distance mode and i have completed my MBA in 4 years (actually 2 years course )

Thanks and Regards,

Deepthi
I do not have much information about how WES assesses distance MBA, but lets assume the worst case scenario, even if WES may not accept it equivalent to Masters in Canada, it may possibly still evaluate it as a post secondary credential which is still better than just getting your Bachelors assessed. You can check this out for yourself here https://www.canadavisa.com/comprehensive-ranking-score-calculator.html. If we consider the case where your MBA is evaluated as a post secondary credential then you can select 'two or more post secondary credentials with atleast one being 3+ years'. This was you get a better score than just evaluating your Bachelors. After all WES doeS not charge by the number of degrees that are being assessed. :)

I am not sure about the time, effort and cost involved in getting the certificates and transcript from Pondicherry University to be sent directly to WES. You can avoid this cost by asking your college to send the documents to you in a sealed envelope placed in another envelope, this way, you avoid paying the college the cost of sending the documents directly to WES. Instead, you can get your Bachelors sealed envelope and Masters sealed envelope together in another envelope and send it in one shot to WES for evaluation.

Try different permutations and combinations in the above score calculator and see, how much difference does it makes to your score and then you can take a call, whether the cost is justified. For example with only bachelors you get score 400+ and Masters does not make much difference to your score, then it is not worth the cost that you incur, since you will anyway get an invite from OINP with 400+.

If your focus is on improving your scores considerably, then I would say IELTS is the trump card. Check it out for yourself in the above calculator.

All the best!

sraj07

May 26, 2015
deepthi,,

did u try the WES free degree equivalency tool that is available in WES website ? If you enter all the degree details , it will tell the equivalence .

Mine was distance education MBA from Anna university and it is equivalence to Masters in canada

kartheek89

May 21, 2017
Hyderabad
NOC Code......
Hi team,

Thanks and Regards,
Deepthi
Hi,

Did you get it assessed ? Please let us know the status

Abu Thahir

Sep 2, 2017
Hi, I have also done MBA in pondicherry university distance. I am looking for same answer. Did you get assessed.?

hamgha

VIP Member
Mar 1, 2017
App. Filed.......
07-07-2017
Nomination.....
12-04-2017
IELTS Request
21-01-2017
Med's Done....
25-04-2017
Just to note that the "free tool" on the WES site doesn't always provide an accurate result as to what the actual outcome is

Reactions: kartheek89

Abu Thahir

Sep 2, 2017
I guess NO
Oh.. But in many threads I see people are telling WES will consider until my university is recognized. And in the WES website for Indian education it Is mentioned that 'final or provisional' certificate required. Will WES evaluate if we send provisional certificate in case if university does delay to provide degree??

kartheek89

May 21, 2017
Hyderabad
NOC Code......
Oh.. But in many threads I see people are telling WES will consider until my university is recognized. And in the WES website for Indian education it Is mentioned that 'final or provisional' certificate required. Will WES evaluate if we send provisional certificate in case if university does delay to provide degree??
1. Provisional is considered, no worries if you dont have OD..

2. WES has database of every University in India how ever they categorizes according the University program structures. Hence, we cant say how they judge such universities..

nikhila.itsme

Sep 27, 2017
Hi team,

Thanks and Regards,
Deepthi

Hi Deepthi,

Did you get it assess? We are in the same situation, having distance MBA from Pondichery Univeristy. Please let me know if that added points to you.

Thanks,
Nikhila

Last edited:

Abu Thahir

Sep 2, 2017
Hi Deepthi,

Did you get it assess? We are in the same situation, having distance MBA from Pondichery Univeristy. Please let me know if that added points to you.

Thanks,
Nikhila
Did you get the transcripts from pondy university.? If yes, let me know how please