+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Does WES consider and evaluate Minor Degrees as separate from Bachelor Degrees?

kaedyn1019

Apr 26, 2020
I took a Minor degree whilst finishing my Bachelor's Degree (4 Years). The total number of units it took me to finish the minor was equivalent to one to two whole years of study, but since I took the program while studying Bachelor's, all of my credits for both my minor and major are listed in the same Academic Transcript. I received a diploma/certificate from that Minor degree and had a separate Commencement program for it in the same year I graduated from my Bachelor's. I'm worried that WES will completely overlook the Minor Degree Program I completed simply because I do not have a separate Academic Transcript for it.

Will it be possible for me to be qualified under the Two or more certificates, diplomas, or degrees. One must be for a program of three or more years for Level of Education? Or will my minor be disregarded since I took it in the same duration as my Bachelor's Degree? Much appreciated!

clsf

Oct 21, 2021
I took a Minor degree whilst finishing my Bachelor's Degree (4 Years). The total number of units it took me to finish the minor was equivalent to one to two whole years of study, but since I took the program while studying Bachelor's, all of my credits for both my minor and major are listed in the same Academic Transcript. I received a diploma/certificate from that Minor degree and had a separate Commencement program for it in the same year I graduated from my Bachelor's. I'm worried that WES will completely overlook the Minor Degree Program I completed simply because I do not have a separate Academic Transcript for it.

Will it be possible for me to be qualified under the Two or more certificates, diplomas, or degrees. One must be for a program of three or more years for Level of Education? Or will my minor be disregarded since I took it in the same duration as my Bachelor's Degree? Much appreciated!
hi, did you solve this?

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
I haven't able to find anyone who tried to send their minor as a second degree, but I read up about the rule more, and it seems only degrees you got after you graduated count.
A minor is not a separate degree.