+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Does visitor stay get extended by another 6 months after a trip to US?

hobbes

Star Member
Mar 20, 2008
My mother has a multiple entry visa to Canada. She arrived in November to Canada on a visit. So at that time, I believe, her stay was permitted until May (although there is no stamp on the passport about when she can leave). In December, she left Canada to the US and came back on February 18. The passport stamp only indicates when she came in. Does that mean that her stay is automatically extended by 6 months until August 18? Or is it still May?

PMM

VIP Member
Jun 30, 2005
Hi

hobbes said:
My mother has a multiple entry visa to Canada. She arrived in November to Canada on a visit. So at that time, I believe, her stay was permitted until May (although there is no stamp on the passport about when she can leave). In December, she left Canada to the US and came back on February 18. The passport stamp only indicates when she came in. Does that mean that her stay is automatically extended by 6 months until August 18? Or is it still May?
1. As there is nothing written under the stamp nor was she issued a visitor permit, then she is allowed to stay for 6 months from 18/02/12

alijendro

Dec 24, 2012
Re: Does super visa holder need two way ticket or one way ????

Does super visa holder need two way ticket or one way because my mother got super visa of 4 years but on her visa there is stemp of visitor.so my question is that will she need two way ticket or only one way because mostly visitor visas need two way ticket
thanks

tahsinmohammad

Sep 1, 2012
Category........
NOC Code......
Citizenship
hobbes said:
Yes she can stay till August 18th.6 months validity starts from the date of Entry back into Canada....