+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

does USA CPT experience count?

Manpreetsiengh

Mar 2, 2017
Hi all,

I worked for 6 months part time in a company on CPT in the US for like approximately 300 hours.

Would these still count? After my CPT i've been working full time for the last 10 months on OPT for like 1200 hours

FYI :There was a gap for 2 months that went in job search to get my full time OPT job

mdbilal

Sep 13, 2019
Yes I got my COPR last month. Good Luck!
Thanks, bro...Sorry to bother you on this thread but can you please let me know whether I can use my experience as below.

Aug 2016 - Dec 2016 (work on CPT as this was my last semester and I got the job through consultancy)
Jan 2017 - until now ( I have been working on OPT)

Can I claim those 4-month work experience which is on CPT?

If yes, can you tell me what all documents do I need to submit for this (just the reference letter with all the detail mention in that is enough ?)

GetLucky8888

Star Member
Jan 12, 2019
Thanks, bro...Sorry to bother you on this thread but can you please let me know whether I can use my experience as below.

Aug 2016 - Dec 2016 (work on CPT as this was my last semester and I got the job through consultancy)
Jan 2017 - until now ( I have been working on OPT)

Can I claim those 4-month work experience which is on CPT?

If yes, can you tell me what all documents do I need to submit for this (just the reference letter with all the detail mention in that is enough ?)

Yes you can claim that. I personally used CPT+ OPT for work experience. The docs I included are work reference letter, paystubs, W2, and tax return form. But be careful about the work reference letter, make sure you list working hours, salary, location, job details, job title...etc.
You’ll be fine.

Reactions: mdbilal

mdbilal

Sep 13, 2019
Yes you can claim that. I personally used CPT+ OPT for work experience. The docs I included are work reference letter, paystubs, W2, and tax return form. But be careful about the work reference letter, make sure you list working hours, salary, location, job details, job title...etc.
You’ll be fine.
Thanks for your response.....It really boosts my confidence.....

Just the last question.....

I changed company last year...I have the reference letter from my previous company which have all the details about working hours, salary, location, job details, job title (as required by CIC) but I don't have any pay stubs and w2 (I am not able to find/retrieve it), but I have all the required information for past 1.5 years (from the time I am in this new company)

Do I need to show pay stubs and w2 for all the work years (I mean past company work experience) or Is it enough if I show them reference letter from that company with all the details in it?

Thanks a lot, bro and Congratulation :)

GetLucky8888

Star Member
Jan 12, 2019
Thanks for your response.....It really boosts my confidence.....

Just the last question.....

I changed company last year...I have the reference letter from my previous company which have all the details about working hours, salary, location, job details, job title (as required by CIC) but I don't have any pay stubs and w2 (I am not able to find/retrieve it), but I have all the required information for past 1.5 years (from the time I am in this new company)

Do I need to show pay stubs and w2 for all the work years (I mean past company work experience) or Is it enough if I show them reference letter from that company with all the details in it?

Thanks a lot, bro and Congratulation :)
My paystubs covered all the work experience I claim. I think it’s necessary for you to show them your salary details( W2, paystubs..etc).