+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Does this sound right? Adult asking adult children for info...

Mort Sinclair

Star Member
Feb 27, 2018
Are you sure that the request was not misinterpreted? As zardoz said, there is no need for non-dependents to submit such things.
Yes. I'm positive. I don't know why people are so skeptical--I'm highly educated and know what my words mean. After all, that's the purpose of this thread. Somebody else had been asked. Geez.

Reactions: k.h.p.

canuck_in_uk

VIP Member
May 4, 2012
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
06/12
Yes. I'm positive. I don't know why people are so skeptical--I'm highly educated and know what my words mean. After all, that's the purpose of this thread. Somebody else had been asked. Geez.
Your choice of words was highly entertaining.

I am skeptical because I have never seen such a request and it has no basis in terms of an immigration app. Non-dependent adults are not required to submit anything. That is not the purpose of this thread. OP's children were not asked by IRCC to provide anything. The father has told them they need to provide the info and he is not entirely wrong, as the 18 year old must be included in the app.

Reactions: k.h.p. and zardoz

Mort Sinclair

Star Member
Feb 27, 2018
Your choice of words was highly entertaining.

I am skeptical because I have never seen such a request and it has no basis in terms of an immigration app. Non-dependent adults are not required to submit anything. That is not the purpose of this thread. OP's children were not asked by IRCC to provide anything. The father has told them they need to provide the info and he is not entirely wrong, as the 18 year old must be included in the app.
Well, I'm just trying to be helpful. The post said that the husband said they also wanted it for the 26-year-old as well as the 18-year-old.

My husband had to submit Canadian-style passport photos of both his adult daughters, aged 23 and 25, copies of their U.S. passports, and for the 23-year-old, we had to provide information about the dates she lived at her college in Indiana. I'm not saying they needed it; I am simply telling you they asked for it and we provided it. If you choose not to believe me, there's nothing more I can do.

That said, that man is a very stable genius who uses only the best words. He is the reason we are leaving the United States. And with that, I'm done. I think I'm sorry I bothered. Sheesh.

zardoz

VIP Member
Feb 2, 2013
Canada
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
16-02-2013
VISA ISSUED...
31-07-2013
LANDED..........
09-11-2013
Well, I'm just trying to be helpful. The post said that the husband said they also wanted it for the 26-year-old as well as the 18-year-old.

My husband had to submit Canadian-style passport photos of both his adult daughters, aged 23 and 25, copies of their U.S. passports, and for the 23-year-old, we had to provide information about the dates she lived at her college in Indiana. I'm not saying they needed it; I am simply telling you they asked for it and we provided it. If you choose not to believe me, there's nothing more I can do.

That said, that man is a very stable genius who uses only the best words. He is the reason we are leaving the United States. And with that, I'm done. I think I'm sorry I bothered. Sheesh.
I'm glad you raised the issue. This is potentially a privacy violation by IRCC. They have no right to request the information that you list from adults who are not involved in the immigration application process. It's absolutely none of IRCC’s business to have copies of their passports or college attendance information. Nor do they have a reason to have passport photographs of them. This is somewhat concerning...