+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Does this qualify as one year full-time equivalent?

banupriyasb

Oct 5, 2018
Hi I have a query regarding claiming points for overseas work experience. I will be completing 13 months of part-time work (25 hrs/week) this November and starting a new full time job in december. The number is hours from the first job falls short of 1560 by a few hundreds. Can the hours from the next job be added up to it?

Also, my payslips will reflect loss of pay since I had no paid leaves. Will this imply that I didn't work for the 25 hrs/week that I was hired for in those particular months? If so, will those hours also need to be compensated for from the next job?

DelPiero07

VIP Member
Oct 2, 2016
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Depends. If this is for eligibility purposes under the FSW program then it all comes down to whether there is a break in continuity or whether the primary NOC changes.

You cannot count unpaid leaves as valid work experience.

Reactions: banupriyasb

banupriyasb

Oct 5, 2018
Thanks for your response!

If there is no break between the two employments, the second one is full time and the NOC doesn't change, then can it contribute towards completion of 1560 hours? This is for claiming overseas experience CRS points

DelPiero07

VIP Member
Oct 2, 2016
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Yes but you must also complete 52 weeks of full-time work experience or the equivalent in this case with your part-time experience.

banupriyasb

Oct 5, 2018
In terms of number of hours, i.e. 1560 hours when both jobs combined? Or do you mean my total employment has to be for a minimum of one year along with completing the hours?

banupriyasb

Oct 5, 2018
Alright thanks a lot.

It would be for a minimum of 1 year since my first job is for 13 months after which, the hours remaining will be compensated within a few months in the second job.

DelPiero07

VIP Member
Oct 2, 2016
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Alright thanks a lot.

It would be for a minimum of 1 year since my first job is for 13 months after which, the hours remaining will be compensated within a few months in the second job.
That's not correct, you worked for 13 months part-time not full-time.

banupriyasb

Oct 5, 2018
Ok. How is a full-time equivalent of part-time calculated then, if not by hours. How many months do I have to work at a rate of 25 hours per week for it to count as full-time equivalent of one year?

jaffaral

Champion Member
Jun 29, 2014
Category........
Other
13 months = 56 weeks
56 weeks x 25 hours/week = 1400
Min. Req 1560 hrs
Short of 1560-1400= 160 hrs

Work for 160 more hours and u will be eligible provided your NOC remains the same and there is no discontinuity

banupriyasb

Oct 5, 2018
Ok Thanks a lot. That makes it clear.

My only doubt is if it can be done with a second job. Since I have already put my papers down at the first and have committed to a joining date at the second which is very close to the relieving date from the first job. So there won't be a substantial break. And the job roles and responsibilities are similar.

DelPiero07

VIP Member
Oct 2, 2016
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
In case of overseas experience it needs to be one single continuous job either as a full time for one year or part time as two years. 1560 hours calculation is mainly for Canadian experience category. It's either part time which is 15 hours/week or full time 30hours/week. Does not matter how many hours more you worked it will be considered as 15hours in your case.

You cannot combine two work experience for satisfying the criteria
This whole post is incorrect.

1 - An applicant can meet the eligibility criteria under the FSW program as long as it is continuous and in the primary NOC. It does not have to be in a single job.
2 - Part-time can be any number of hours under 30 hrs per week. The information on the IRCC website is an example provided as to how part-time work experience equal full-time experience (using 15 hrs per week as an example).
3 - He CAN combine two work experiences to meet the FSW eligibility criteria as long as there's no break in continuity and the NOC is the same.

vaishnavi

Jun 18, 2016
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
15-06-2018
IELTS Request
07-04-2018
Med's Done....
22-05-2018
Passport Req..
30-07-2018
LANDED..........
13-08-2018
This whole post is incorrect.

1 - An applicant can meet the eligibility criteria under the FSW program as long as it is continuous and in the primary NOC. It does not have to be in a single job.
2 - Part-time can be any number of hours under 30 hrs per week. The information on the IRCC website is an example provided as to how part-time work experience equal full-time experience (using 15 hrs per week as an example).
3 - He CAN combine two work experiences to meet the FSW eligibility criteria as long as there's no break in continuity and the NOC is the same.
My bad I misunderstood one NOC as one job. Thanks for clarifying it.

But the part time is considered only as 15 as I saw in my GCMS notes though I had 24-26 hours per week VO considered it as 15 hours only and calculated my work experience.

DelPiero07

VIP Member
Oct 2, 2016
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
My bad I misunderstood one NOC as one job. Thanks for clarifying it.

But the part time is considered only as 15 as I saw in my GCMS notes though I had 24-26 hours per week VO considered it as 15 hours only and calculated my work experience.
You can ask any senior, part-time experience can be any number under 30 hrs per week. I have helped people get their PR with as little as 6 hrs per week to others with as many as 28 hrs per week.

vaishnavi

Jun 18, 2016
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
15-06-2018
IELTS Request
07-04-2018
Med's Done....
22-05-2018
Passport Req..
30-07-2018
LANDED..........
13-08-2018
You can ask any senior, part-time experience can be any number under 30 hrs per week. I have helped people get their PR with as little as 6 hrs per week to others with as many as 28 hrs per week.
I am not saying it's wrong. I mean then why was it considered that way in my case? Though full time was taken appropriately, VO in eligibility review considered my one year part time 24-26 hours as 6 months full time.:(