+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Does this count as a valid job offer?

blowfish

Jul 21, 2020
I've been working on a post-graduation work permit since Sep 2019. I've switched my employer since then. I'll be completing my 1-year work experience in October.
My work experience is as follows:
Job 1- Sep 2019 to Jan 2020
Job 2- March 2020 to Current

I've job offer from my current employer but they do not have an LMIA but it is a full-time job. Does my current job offer count as a valid job offer under Express Entry? Also, can I apply for express entry in the month of September or should I wait until I complete my full 12 months?

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
I've been working on a post-graduation work permit since Sep 2019. I've switched my employer since then. I'll be completing my 1-year work experience in October.

I've job offer from my current employer but they do not have an LMIA but it is a full-time job. Does my current job offer count as a valid job offer under Express Entry? Also, can I apply for express entry in the month of September or should I wait until I complete my full 12 months?
No - it doesn't unfortunately since you are on an open work permit with no employer named. Your employer needs to obtain an approved LMIA if you want to claim the 50 job offer points.

Reactions: blowfish

Wolfpmd3

Champion Member
Apr 26, 2015
Canada
NOC Code......

NO, it doesn't. Because you need a LMIA as @scylla mentioned.

And NO, you must wait until you complete 1 year, You shouldn't apply earlier.

Reactions: blowfish

ManuGaur

May 17, 2018
Hi @Wolfpmd3 , @scylla

I have been working in my company Since July 15, 2019 on an LMIA approved + Work permit (expiring May11, 2021). I got the ITA wherein i claimed the 50 points for valid job offer.
Does my offer letter holds good to submit to claim the job points ?

Employer provide me with below letter-

Dear Sir or Madam:
This letter is to confirm that Mr. Manu Pratap Singh Gaur is currently employed at MYCOMPANYNAME. as a full-time Manager.
He has been employed with MYCOMPANYNAME. since 15th July 2019.

OFFER LETTER (Past Dated, June 2019), but with no end date mentioned in it.

We are pleased to offer you the position of Manager-C2 at MyCompanySolutions Canada Inc. in our
Financial Services Business Unit in the Toronto office on the terms of this offer letter and attached Employment
Agreement. We believe that you will find working with us to be both professionally
challenging and fulfilling. We anticipate having you start on 06/17/2019, however we will be try to be flexible regarding
a different start-date if you are unable to start on 06/17/2019, provided that any such flexibility is in the sole and
absolute discretion of MyCompany.

Your continued employment with MyCompanyis at all times conditional upon your being legally entitled to work in Canada (including
possession of a valid employment authorization, or permanent residency status, where applicable) and continued
satisfactory performance. If you currently hold an International Experience Canada (IEC) working holiday visa; Open
Work Permit or Post Graduation Work Permit Program (PGWPP), you are personally responsible to renew your
immigration and work authorization, and, to provide to MyCompanywith timely proof of filing and renewed status.