+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Does the medical test include test for drugs?

psyhigh

Sep 27, 2018
I have my medical test due this week in India and I have been a regular weed smoker. Now that weed is legal in Canada, will they test for it during my medical?

I have read a lot of posts on this and they all have mixed reviews but I wanted to know if that would hamper my visa now after it being legal in Canada.

Thank you

zardoz

VIP Member
Feb 2, 2013
Canada
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
16-02-2013
VISA ISSUED...
31-07-2013
LANDED..........
09-11-2013
I have my medical test due this week in India and I have been a regular weed smoker. Now that weed is legal in Canada, will they test for it during my medical?

I have read a lot of posts on this and they all have mixed reviews but I wanted to know if that would hamper my visa now after it being legal in Canada.

Thank you
The medical examination has never tested for cannabis.

Reactions: Deadmau6

psyhigh

Sep 27, 2018
The medical examination has never tested for cannabis.
Thank you for your reply. I was just worried about it since I know what tests are performed such as chest xray, test for TB, Syphilis and a general physical examination but reading so many mixed comments on the internet put me in doubt.

zardoz

VIP Member
Feb 2, 2013
Canada
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
16-02-2013
VISA ISSUED...
31-07-2013
LANDED..........
09-11-2013

psyhigh

Sep 27, 2018

zardoz

VIP Member
Feb 2, 2013
Canada
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
16-02-2013
VISA ISSUED...
31-07-2013
LANDED..........
09-11-2013
That is a lot of info there. I'll have a look at it. Just one last question. If I am asked during the examination whether I take any drugs or not, what should my answer be? If I say no and they find THC in my blood will that affect my visa even though they don't check for drugs? Or if I say yes would that affect it too?
They won't even test for THC. It's not an issue. Feel free to tell the truth if asked but I don't believe that the question is ever asked. There may be a questionnaire line regarding prescription drugs however.

Reactions: Deadmau6

Truest

Sep 3, 2021
That is a lot of info there. I'll have a look at it. Just one last question. If I am asked during the examination whether I take any drugs or not, what should my answer be? If I say no and they find THC in my blood will that affect my visa even though they don't check for drugs? Or if I say yes would that affect it too?
Hey what’s up how was your medical? Did you pass as a weed smoker? Did they ask you if you drink or smoke?’ Please reply me as I have mine in a week and I am paranoid. Thanks

Quackisss

Jul 6, 2021
Weed is legal, why would you lie about smoking it?

They will not ask you if you smoke weed and they don't test for it, they don't care

Deadmau6

Mar 11, 2022
Hey what’s up how was your medical? Did you pass as a weed smoker? Did they ask you if you drink or smoke?’ Please reply me as I have mine in a week and I am paranoid. Thanks
I just had my medical exam for student visa. Will thc be a problem for the medical to be cleared?
please reply i am paranoid