+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Does the marital status change affect spousal sponsorship???

Dec 12, 2019
Hi altruists,
Good evening.
I received PR in Sept 2020 when I was single. I got married in December 2021 and now planning to submit a spousal application soon. How to let IRCC know about the marital status change? Actually, I don't know if there is such a form though I searched a lot in IRCC. Also, can I submit my application without that kind of document, even if it exists?
Any help is appreciated!

Last edited:

MJSPARV

Sep 17, 2020
You don't have to update ircc about change in marital status after you get your PR. If you'd gotten married before you got your PR then you would have had to update it. They will figure out you're married when you submit a spousal sponsorship application for your spouse, complete with the documents they ask for like marriage certificate.b

Reactions: winterpeg_2019
Dec 12, 2019
You don't have to update ircc about change in marital status after you get your PR. If you'd gotten married before you got your PR then you would have had to update it. They will figure out you're married when you submit a spousal sponsorship application for your spouse, complete with the documents they ask for like marriage certificate.b
Thanks a lot.
Love and peace :)