+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Does the embassy request the deferral letter ?? + background checks

qweasdzxc

Star Member
Sep 15, 2013
I've applied for Student Visa from Abu Dhabi through VAC office for Sept 2013 intake, this is the 10th week for processing my application :(. Now, I've to defer my admission to Winter 2014 since I've not yet got the visa :(

Does the embassy request the deferral letter to continue processing my application or I've to send it by myself to embassy voluntarily ?? ::)

how long will it take to finish background checks and take the final decision ?? ???

sabby2612

Mar 14, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
qweasdzxc said:
I've applied for Student Visa from Abu Dhabi through VAC office for Sept 2013 intake, this is the 10th week for processing my application :(. Now, I've to defer my admission to Winter 2014 since I've not yet got the visa :(

Does the embassy request the deferral letter to continue processing my application or I've to send it by myself to embassy voluntarily ?? ::)

how long will it take to finish background checks and take the final decision ?? ???
Ideally you should proactively request your college/uni to provide you deferral letter for winter session and you should keep it with you. If embassy finds your case positive, will surely ask for deferral letter. About timing of background checks, well though you can go to CIC website to check the timelines but then it's case to case basis. I won't comment on timeline at all. However would suggest you MUST get deferral letter issued.

qweasdzxc

Star Member
Sep 15, 2013
sabby2612 said:
Ideally you should proactively request your college/uni to provide you deferral letter for winter session and you should keep it with you. If embassy finds your case positive, will surely ask for deferral letter. About timing of background checks, well though you can go to CIC website to check the timelines but then it's case to case basis. I won't comment on timeline at all. However would suggest you MUST get deferral letter issued.
today I deferred my admission and got the deferral letter

before three days I got e-mail from embassy, they told me:
(( All applications for temporary residence in Canada are subject to statutory requirements, including background checks. These requirements must be satisfied before an applicant may be granted temporary resident status. We are currently conducting certain background investigations. As these are conducted by outside agencies, we are not in a position to determine when your application will be finalized.

We can appreciate that you anxiously awaiting news about your application. Please rest assured that we will be in contact with you as soon as possible. ))

I don't know how long it will take to finish background checks and take the final decision ?? ???

sabby2612

Mar 14, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hence, your application is in process, now as you have deferred your admission for Winter session, so relax enjoy with your family and friends. No one, at least I won't comment on timeline of VO as I have no idea :p.

Wish you luck brother.

qweasdzxc

Star Member
Sep 15, 2013
sabby2612 said:
Hence, your application is in process, now as you have deferred your admission for Winter session, so relax enjoy with your family and friends. No one, at least I won't comment on timeline of VO as I have no idea :p.

Wish you luck brother.
I can't be relaxed as my twin brother got his visa two weeks ago without delay !!... :( ???

sabby2612

Mar 14, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
qweasdzxc said:
I can't be relaxed as my twin brother got his visa two weeks ago without delay !!... :( ???
Hm... well than i can understand the agony of the situation. But then do you have an option than to wait? so enjoy this time you have... which province and program you are going for?

qweasdzxc

Star Member
Sep 15, 2013
sabby2612 said:
Hm... well than i can understand the agony of the situation. But then do you have an option than to wait? so enjoy this time you have... which province and program you are going for?
I will study MEng in Mechanical Engineering in Calgary university (Alberta)