+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Does the CIC deal with Working Holida Visas for foreigners (e.g. Australian)?

simonvee

Jul 13, 2009
Hi,

I know that the CIC manages Working Holiday Visas for Canadians who want to live/work abroad but do they do it for foreigners (e.g. Australians) who want to live/work in Canada?

If the answer is 'No' for the latter, then I'm very confused!

For Australians who apply for working holiday visas, there is a stage 2 now.

Stage One: Is apply through IEC Sydney office. I.e. sending police clearace, fees, photocopy of passport etc
Stage Two: Once it is approved, the Sydney office grants a 'Condition Acceptance Letter'. You then complete an online questionnaire on the CIC website. Why are we directed towards the CIC if the CIC doesnt deal with working holiday visas?

CIC is for workers who have Letter of Employments and LMOs

https://www.whpcanada.org.au/application_guide-guide_demande.shtml

OC

Feb 11, 2013
I'm so mad that IEC has made a 'stage 2' CIC crap. I've received an email from WHP with a conditional acceptance letter but i'm apparently ineligible to start stage 2 with CIC because i'm currently residing in Canada on a visitor visa.

(It seems CIC only recognises applicants OUTSIDE of Canada).

The WHP website says it's fine to apply in Canada and receive your Letter Of Introduction while living there and to leave and re-enter the country so you can present the LOI at the border and get a work permit granted.

Ugh I am so irritated and have no idea what to do now / have sent an email to CIC requesting help but i'm assuming a response is going to take forever.

Frustrated that these two websites that are supposed to work in conjunction clearly do not.

OC

Feb 11, 2013
Hey Simonvee, i'm unable to send messages yet.

How far are you through your application now? Did changing the country of residence have any implications later on?

I'm probably going to end up doing the same thing because waiting for a response from CIC is killing me, especially when i'm assuming i'm going to get a shitty vague response with no actual solution from someone who doesn't care or doesn't know.

simonvee

Jul 13, 2009
I answered 'Australia' to the question 'what is your country of residenece', despite that I'm in Canada. I think there's a flaw with the 'come to canada' wizard

laudern

Feb 1, 2013
I just posted in the other thread of yours Simone before I saw this one. But yeah, I'm just putting down my Australian address for everything and then get my LOI through the email, leave canada once I get it and then come back in...

Although its very risky and dangerous doing it that way. As things may occur and not being let back into the country wouldn't be the best of things....

laudern

Feb 1, 2013
what did you guys put for your residency on the actual application form you need to complete as part of stage 2???