+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Does the biometric fingerprint mean my application is approved?

Oct 13, 2018
So I have applied for Canadian immigration with an express entry profile (only myself). I recieved my ITA and submitted all documents. I received a message saying I need to provide biometric fingerprints and picture at my nearest VAC. I went today afternoon and gave my fingerprints and photo.

My questions are:
- Does this mean my application papers are approved, and now they are only doing background the standard criminal checks?
- How long after giving the biometrics will the online system be updated?
- What is the tentative timeline to receive the PR after biometrics?

Thank you all!

Reactions: Adi8888

Peacekeeper87

Champion Member
Jul 18, 2018
NOC Code......
So I have applied for Canadian immigration with an express entry profile (only myself). I recieved my ITA and submitted all documents. I received a message saying I need to provide biometric fingerprints and picture at my nearest VAC. I went today afternoon and gave my fingerprints and photo.

My questions are:
- Does this mean my application papers are approved, and now they are only doing background the standard criminal checks?
- How long after giving the biometrics will the online system be updated?
- What is the tentative timeline to receive the PR after biometrics?

Thank you all!
Biometrics is completely unrelated to whether or not your application is approved or refused.
Some applicants received biometrics request a bit after AOR, while others many weeks later.
PPR is the only good sign that means it's really going well for your application, until the final official "Approved".
Until then, "It ain't over till the fat lady sings!"

Reactions: Choosen and indri90
Oct 13, 2018
Thanks for the response! I got all excited there for a second, but ya the fat lady hasn't arrived yet.
Have you gone through the same process? Can you please answer the other 2 questions. Many thanks!

canadavis

Mar 2, 2018
Hello,

could you please tell us how did it go? I am at the same situation right now and wanted to ask exactly the same things as you did. :))

Thanks a lot, I appreciate your response

Oct 13, 2018
Hello,

could you please tell us how did it go? I am at the same situation right now and wanted to ask exactly the same things as you did. :))

Thanks a lot, I appreciate your response
1. As one of the other posters mentioned, biometric is just another step and is NOT an indicator of an approved application. My application is still under process after providing the biometrics.

2. Online application for me was updated within a few days of providing my biometrics. It simply said that they received my biometrics.

3 Tentative timeline for processing PR is 6 months from the time of submitting all your documents. Eg. If you submitted all documents after receiving ITA on Jan 1, and request for biometrics a month later, then approximately by July 1 you should receive a a response. Date of biometrics is counted within this timeline, and hence is best if you get it done ASAP from the time you receive the email to provide biometrics. Some friends of mine have received their PR earlier within this timeline too.

Cananm

Mar 7, 2019
Thanks for the valuable information shared on this thread,
I am also in the same boat i.e. waiting for the next step after submission of the biometrics.

I am Indian passport holder, currently residing in USA,
ITA received on Dec 19, 2018
AOR : Jan 25th, 2019.
Biometrics requested on Mar 07
Biometrics submitted on Mar 08.
And my profile shows following updates:

Review of eligibility - We are reviewing whether you meet the eligibility requirements.
Review of medical results - Review of medical results You passed the medical exam.
Review of additional documents - We do not need additional documents.
Interview - You do not need an interview. We will send you a message if this changes.
Biometrics - We need your fingerprints to process your application. Check your messages below for details.
Background check - We are processing your background check. We will send you a message if we need more information.
Final decision - Your application is in progress. We will send you a message once the final decision has been made.

miansalmantahir

Feb 21, 2019
Thanks for the valuable information shared on this thread,
I am also in the same boat i.e. waiting for the next step after submission of the biometrics.

I am Indian passport holder, currently residing in USA,
AOR : Jan 25th, 2019.
Biometrics requested on Mar 07
Biometrics submitted on Mar 08.
And my profile shows following updates:

Review of eligibility - We are reviewing whether you meet the eligibility requirements.
Review of medical results - Review of medical results You passed the medical exam.
Review of additional documents - We do not need additional documents.
Interview - You do not need an interview. We will send you a message if this changes.
Biometrics - We need your fingerprints to process your application. Check your messages below for details.
Background check - We are processing your background check. We will send you a message if we need more information.
Final decision - Your application is in progress. We will send you a message once the final decision has been made.
Did your application got updated in the Biometrics section?

Did you have to do anything inithe application n after submitting your Biometrics at the collection center?

Mar 24, 2019
Hi Onwardsandupwards30,
We are in a similar situation as you. Applying from Abu Dhabi, UAE. My wife is the primary applicant and we are a family of 4 with two small kids.
AOR : Jan 23rd, 2019.
Biometrics requested on Mar 01
Biometrics submitted on Mar 03

After submitting Biometric, status on profile still shows ' your action is required' . Although the Biometrics details has been updated on our profile main page on the top right corner.

I can see you've been waiting since Oct 2018. DId you finally get your PPR?

Please let me know. Thankyou.

Th2k

Star Member
Nov 20, 2018
Hi Onwardsandupwards30,
We are in a similar situation as you. Applying from Abu Dhabi, UAE. My wife is the primary applicant and we are a family of 4 with two small kids.
AOR : Jan 23rd, 2019.
Biometrics requested on Mar 01
Biometrics submitted on Mar 03

After submitting Biometric, status on profile still shows ' your action is required' . Although the Biometrics details has been updated on our profile main page on the top right corner.

I can see you've been waiting since Oct 2018. DId you finally get your PPR?

Please let me know. Thankyou.
Did your profile finally went from action required to submitted?
I gave my biometrics 13 days ago and the bio infos are still empty, like they never received fingerrints. Im worried but I cant do nothing about it.

Did you get the PR?

Cananm

Mar 7, 2019
Did your application got updated in the Biometrics section?

Did you have to do anything inithe application n after submitting your Biometrics at the collection center?
Unfortunately No, there aren't any updates after submitting bio-metrics.
The only thing changing is timeline while approaching the 6 months mark.

Cananm

Mar 7, 2019
@Th2k @Let the fat lady sing @miansalmantahir I received my PPR on April 26 2019. Reiterating that biometrics is not an indication of approved application.
Congrats Onwardsandupwards30..!
I just wanted to know, how much actual time did it take to get your PR from date of AOR.

And approximately on what week (before hitting 6 months mark from date of AOR) does things started to change on your portal in terms of activities.

Sarahmj57

Apr 15, 2019
1. As one of the other posters mentioned, biometric is just another step and is NOT an indicator of an approved application. My application is still under process after providing the biometrics.

2. Online application for me was updated within a few days of providing my biometrics. It simply said that they received my biometrics.

3 Tentative timeline for processing PR is 6 months from the time of submitting all your documents. Eg. If you submitted all documents after receiving ITA on Jan 1, and request for biometrics a month later, then approximately by July 1 you should receive a a response. Date of biometrics is counted within this timeline, and hence is best if you get it done ASAP from the time you receive the email to provide biometrics. Some friends of mine have received their PR earlier within this timeline too.[/QUOTE

How long does it take to receive the biometric letter? It's been over a month since I received an AOR