+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Does Spouse Dependent Visitor Visa (NOT SOWP) affect GSS ICT VISA Processing Timelines from India

riteshsjoshi017

Star Member
Sep 14, 2021
Hi,

I have applied for ICT GSS LMIA Exempt Work Permit and with that I have applied for Wife Visitor Visa as dependent.

Below are my timelines:
Upfront Medical: 15th July 2021
Application Filed : 15th July 2021
Biometric Request: 16th July 2021
Medical Passed: 30th July 2021
Biometric Submitted: 26th August 2021 ( Mine)
Biometric Submitted: 27th August 2021 (Spouse)
Biometric Updated: 27th August 2021

Waiting for PPR. Other applicants who have done biometric after 26th August have received PPR and I am still waiting.

On the forum I have seen that most of the applicants who received PPR had applied for SOWP , but I have applied Visitor Visa for Wife.
Does it affect the PPR timelines.

If so what is the process to change the Visitor visa to SOWP, so that my application can get processed faster.

AlbertaExpress

Star Member
Feb 20, 2020
Hi,

I have applied for ICT GSS LMIA Exempt Work Permit and with that I have applied for Wife Visitor Visa as dependent.

Below are my timelines:
Upfront Medical: 15th July 2021
Application Filed : 15th July 2021
Biometric Request: 16th July 2021
Medical Passed: 30th July 2021
Biometric Submitted: 26th August 2021 ( Mine)
Biometric Submitted: 27th August 2021 (Spouse)
Biometric Updated: 27th August 2021

Waiting for PPR. Other applicants who have done biometric after 26th August have received PPR and I am still waiting.

On the forum I have seen that most of the applicants who received PPR had applied for SOWP , but I have applied Visitor Visa for Wife.
Does it affect the PPR timelines.

If so what is the process to change the Visitor visa to SOWP, so that my application can get processed faster.
You definitely have to apply for your Wife for TRV & SOWP so the application is in order.

riteshsjoshi017

Star Member
Sep 14, 2021
You definitely have to apply for your Wife for TRV & SOWP so the application is in order.
I have applied for TRV Visa for wife, she is not working. She is house wife. So I didnot apply for SOWP.
Will this affect timelines?

And can I now apply SOWP for wife while the application is in progress.

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
I have applied for TRV Visa for wife, she is not working. She is house wife. So I didnot apply for SOWP.
Will this affect timelines?

And can I now apply SOWP for wife while the application is in progress.
OWP is the appropriate permit even if there is no plan on working. She is not a visitor so should be applying for an OWP if she wants to remain in Canada longterm. Entry as a visitor is usually limited to 6 months. There also are nothing called a dependent visa. TRV is a nonspecific visa.

aragorn29

Jul 25, 2018
OWP is the appropriate permit even if there is no plan on working. She is not a visitor so should be applying for an OWP if she wants to remain in Canada longterm. Entry as a visitor is usually limited to 6 months. There also are nothing called a dependent visa. TRV is a nonspecific visa.
I applied appropriately then - LMIA exempt WP + SOWP + TRV (minor). We also have a PNP nomination and PR applications so I opt to apply OWP for my spouse.

My question and at the same time worry is, will the SOWP and TRV affect the processing times of my closed WP application? If yes, do withrawing their applications helps? Will just apply for them once landed.

Thanks in advance @canuck78