+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Does someone with closed work permit able to do apprenticeship

labibfares

May 5, 2019
Hi Every one
I have my young brother graduated from college ( Automotive certificate ), then got his PGWP, then started working for a company who sponsored him for provincial nomination.
Now he has submitted his PR application ( paper-based ) and continue to work with the same company on a closed work permit.
He wants to do an apprenticeship ( his company will support him ) so he will get training as he continues to work for the same company and will need to attend one or two months training course at the college every year during his apprenticeship.
Is he allowed to do that on a close based work permit?

Thanks so much in advance

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Hi Every one
I have my young brother graduated from college ( Automotive certificate ), then got his PGWP, then started working for a company who sponsored him for provincial nomination.
Now he has submitted his PR application ( paper-based ) and continue to work with the same company on a closed work permit.
He wants to do an apprenticeship ( his company will support him ) so he will get training as he continues to work for the same company and will need to attend one or two months training course at the college every year during his apprenticeship.
Is he allowed to do that on a close based work permit?

Thanks so much in advance
No he needs a study permit.