+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Does ROE works to apply for PR

kvandhanapu

Dec 7, 2018
Hello All,

Need suggestion from you please...

I worked for a Canadian company and they didn't give me any offer letter. but they gave me ROE( Record of Employment).

Does that works to apply in Canadian Experience class.?
Do i need to take that offer letter from them.?
i dont think they give me the letter... What could be the be the best alternative to apply for PR.

Thanks

movais

Sep 10, 2018
Hello All,

I worked for a Canadian company and they didn't give me any offer letter. but they gave me ROE( Record of Employment).

i dont think they give me the letter... What could be the be the best alternative to apply for PR.

Thanks
I used ROE, along with T4 and wrote a letter explaining my company isn't writing me a letter.
My GCMS notes show that my work experience was fine.
Note: My PR application is still in progress.

jes_ON

VIP Member
Jun 22, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
New York
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-May-2010
AOR Received.
13-Aug-2010
File Transfer...
01-Mar-2011
Passport Req..
30-Jun-2011
VISA ISSUED...
12-Jul-2011 (received 25-Jul-2011)
LANDED..........
03-Sep-2011
Hello All,

You are confusing "offer letter" (optional) with the reference letter (mandatory). The job offer letter is for FUTURE employment (not PAST) and is only needed if you have a future offer of employment and are claiming 50 points for having a valid job offer.

All employment experience must be validated by a reference letter (written AFTER the experience has been gained). But, there some cases where employers refuse to provide the reference letter. In that cases, you need to write a letter of explanation ("I asked my employer for a letter but they refused, because...") plus proof if you can (e.g. employer's written refusal, a written policy), plus alternative documentation. The ROE is good alternative documentation, however, you also need something attesting to your job duties and responsibilities (job description from website, contract, etc.). If you can get an unofficial letter from a former manager or colleague about the job with something on job duties/responsibilities, it will be easier for the VO to accept.

kvandhanapu

Dec 7, 2018
You are confusing "offer letter" (optional) with the reference letter (mandatory). The job offer letter is for FUTURE employment (not PAST) and is only needed if you have a future offer of employment and are claiming 50 points for having a valid job offer.

All employment experience must be validated by a reference letter (written AFTER the experience has been gained). But, there some cases where employers refuse to provide the reference letter. In that cases, you need to write a letter of explanation ("I asked my employer for a letter but they refused, because...") plus proof if you can (e.g. employer's written refusal, a written policy), plus alternative documentation. The ROE is good alternative documentation, however, you also need something attesting to your job duties and responsibilities (job description from website, contract, etc.). If you can get an unofficial letter from a former manager or colleague about the job with something on job duties/responsibilities, it will be easier for the VO to accept.

Thanks for the Reply.

How do I get reference letter? am not working with that company anymore.

kvandhanapu

Dec 7, 2018
I used ROE, along with T4 and wrote a letter explaining my company isn't writing me a letter.
My GCMS notes show that my work experience was fine.
Note: My PR application is still in progress.

Thanks for the reply friend.

What does the GCMS do in this case.?
How do i apply for that ?
how long does it takes to get the report from GCMS that my experience is valid in that company.?
Do i need to have any attestation for the explanation letter...?
Do I face any problem if i mention that my past company did not give any letter in the Explanation letter..?

I dont have anything other than my pay cheques and T4 from my old company.

jes_ON

VIP Member
Jun 22, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
New York
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-May-2010
AOR Received.
13-Aug-2010
File Transfer...
01-Mar-2011
Passport Req..
30-Jun-2011
VISA ISSUED...
12-Jul-2011 (received 25-Jul-2011)
LANDED..........
03-Sep-2011
Thanks for the Reply.

How do I get reference letter? am not working with that company anymore.
You ask. It really is a quite normal thing : ) Suggest you do it by email, that way if they refuse, you have it in writing.

You can't just say "I couldn't get it" without trying. That's why IRCC asks for proof that you made a good-faith effort.

Reactions: Uvr and kvandhanapu