+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Does requesting ATIPs and requesting twice in 2months slower the citizenship app

turboracer

Jul 20, 2011
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Canadiandesi2006 said:
Earlier the ATIP reports used to come exactly on 30th day. Today I read on ATIP site it receiving lot of CIC related requests and advised all to wait beyond 31 days for the ATIP report.

Like you, I had requested an ATIP report way back on Dec 5th but have'nt received it yet......

Thanks to CIC, due to their mismanagement, anarchic work styles, they are keeping everyone busy, applicants and other departments totally frustrated and waiting.....
this sucks

turboracer

Jul 20, 2011
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi

Happy New Year to Folks and Mates

I am about to ask for ATIP

So there is few options in for requesting ATIP

They ask

What type of information would you like to request ?

Notes in Electronic File

or

Physical File

Which one should I select on ?

Kindly let me know

If i select physical file is there any problem ?

turboracer

Jul 20, 2011
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Canadiandesi2006 said:
Earlier the ATIP reports used to come exactly on 30th day. Today I read on ATIP site it receiving lot of CIC related requests and advised all to wait beyond 31 days for the ATIP report.

Like you, I had requested an ATIP report way back on Dec 5th but have'nt received it yet......

Thanks to CIC, due to their mismanagement, anarchic work styles, they are keeping everyone busy, applicants and other departments totally frustrated and waiting.....

They ask

Notes in Electronic File

or

Physical File

Kindly let me know

Babi22

Apr 23, 2015
Montreal
Visa Office......
Paris
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
VISA ISSUED...
09-2009
LANDED..........
16-02-2010
turboracer said:

They ask

Notes in Electronic File

or

Physical File

Kindly let me know

Although it is possible to order the physical file, everyone goes with the electronic one.

If you order a copy of your physical file, someone will need to physically retrieve your file, make copies...this might delay your application. Most of people will go with the electronic file and they usually get the information they wanted (I did get myself enough infos from my last ATIP electronic file request).

mehtapr

Star Member
Jul 2, 2014
turboracer said:

They ask

Notes in Electronic File

or

Physical File

Kindly let me know

What you simply need is notes from electronic file, as a physical file would be lot of work for them and doesn't add much value if you are just trying to get updates (unless your file is stuck for say over 3 years and you want to verify all documents submitted etc.)

And I don't believe there is any negative impact by ordering electronic file. I did it thrice and each time my file actually moved ahead (there was some good progress between each atip request, but was pretty much on shelf till I ordered first one). It could be a coincidence but atleast it doesnt hurt. (although I wouldnt recommend it every month, dont want to piss them off. lol, just give a gentle reminder once in a while)

turboracer

Jul 20, 2011
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
mehtapr said:
What you simply need is notes from electronic file, as a physical file would be lot of work for them and doesn't add much value if you are just trying to get updates (unless your file is stuck for say over 3 years and you want to verify all documents submitted etc.)

And I don't believe there is any negative impact by ordering electronic file. I did it thrice and each time my file actually moved ahead. It could be a coincidence but doesn't seem like it.
Okay friend

i got

this thing

FOSS : N

what does that mean friend ?

turboracer

Jul 20, 2011
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
mehtapr said:

And I don't believe there is any negative impact by ordering electronic file. I did it thrice and each time my file actually moved ahead. It could be a coincidence but doesn't seem like it.
Okay friend

i got

this thing

mehtapr

Star Member
Jul 2, 2014
turboracer said:
Okay friend

i got

this thing

It just some clearance , before you get oath they will run like 3 clearances , even if they expire they will reorder. It seems they havent run it yet for you

turboracer

Jul 20, 2011
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
mehtapr said:
It just some clearance , before you get oath they will run like 3 clearances , even if they expire they will reorder. It seems they havent run it yet for you
U know

security : passed

criminality: pass

rcmp : no reportable trace

CIT CSIS : not started

Knowledge not started

2 months ago it was like that

2 months after requesting ATIP its like that

isnt it insae what shall i do

mehtapr

Star Member
Jul 2, 2014
turboracer said:
U know

security : passed

criminality: pass

rcmp : no reportable trace

CIT CSIS : not started

Knowledge not started

2 months ago it was like that

2 months after requesting ATIP its like that

isnt it insae what shall i do
Honestly cant do much except wait and watch, unless its beyond your processing time (3 yrs if RQ case). they wont answer anything on call but if you are beyond the processing time definitely give them a call. Incase you changed address make sure they know about it so they can communicate via mail if needed.

turboracer

Jul 20, 2011
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
mehtapr said:
Honestly cant do much except wait and watch, unless its beyond your processing time (3 yrs if RQ case). they wont answer anything on call but if you are beyond the processing time definitely give them a call. Incase you changed address make sure they know about it so they can communicate via mail if needed.
What I feel bad is this

That my file has been stuck like this for months where as people from my area has done oath even applied with me

i applied with 1105 days

it was the 3 year rule then

this is insane !

Politren

Jan 16, 2015
Hi turboracer

The ATIP doesn't show to you all the information they got. when you order ATIP you see only a fraction of the info.

Having said that for example in your case the problem might be lack of communication from your country over the background checks.

PMM

VIP Member
Jun 30, 2005
zhi

Politren said:
Hi turboracer

The ATIP doesn't show to you all the information they got. when you order ATIP you see only a fraction of the info.

Having said that for example in your case the problem might be lack of communication from your country over the background checks.
1/ It won't show information received from 3rd parties either.