+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Does previously rejected PR application have any effects on present Canadian stu

vmsgone

Feb 15, 2016
Dear Friends

I am applying for study permit now. Got the acceptence letter from the university. My husband had applied for PR under FSW in 2006 and added my name to the application in 2008 after our marriage. It was rejected as we did not send IELTS results at the final assesment in 2010 as we didn't want to pursue the PR anymore. We had a file number for the PR application then.

However now i'm going to apply for study permit. And doing my best in writing SOP.

My doubts are :

1, Do i need to mention anything about the previous PR application?

2, If i mention it or not, in either cases the issue of previous PR application will have any consequencess on my study permit?

Thanking you all in advance.

PMM

VIP Member
Jun 30, 2005
Hi

vmsgone said:
Dear Friends

I am applying for study permit now. Got the acceptence letter from the university. My husband had applied for PR under FSW in 2006 and added my name to the application in 2008 after our marriage. It was rejected as we did not send IELTS results at the final assesment in 2010 as we didn't want to pursue the PR anymore. We had a file number for the PR application then.

However now i'm going to apply for study permit. And doing my best in writing SOP.

My doubts are :

2, If i mention it or not, in either cases the issue of previous PR application will have any consequencess on my study permit?

1, If you don't mention it was refused, it is misrepresentation and a 5 year ban.
2, Yes, as the previous Pr application shows you wished to remain in Canada permanently

vmsgone

Feb 15, 2016
1, If you don't mention it was refused, it is misrepresentation and a 5 year ban.
2, Yes, as the previous Pr application shows you wished to remain in Canada permanently

If you don't mind can you please explain - In what way is it relevant to mention about the previously rejected PR application in my SOP? That too it was applied by my husband before my marriage?

PMM

VIP Member
Jun 30, 2005
Hi

vmsgone said:

If you don't mind can you please explain - In what way is it relevant to mention about the previously rejected PR application in my SOP? That too it was applied by my husband before my marriage?
1. I am not responding about the SOP, I stating what you have to declare on the application form.

vmsgone

Feb 15, 2016
As my husband was the primary applicant for PR and not me. Is it still considered as my visa rejection?

Thank you for the reply

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
vmsgone said:
As my husband was the primary applicant for PR and not me. Is it still considered as my visa rejection?

Thank you for the reply
Yes. You were refused as part of your husband's application. You must declare the refusal.

vmsgone

Feb 15, 2016
Yes. You were refused as part of your husband's application. You must declare the refusal.

Sorry "Scylla" I do disagree with you. In my view "once you are not the primary applicant then it is not considered as your application". It is considered as the application of the primary applicant.

This is also confirmed by the officer in VAC (Visa Application Centre) through which we have submitted our application few weeks ago.

taran.22

Mar 17, 2016
vmsgone said:
Dear Friends

My doubts are :

YES they do and if you not specify them , may lead to a ban